A Little Enabling and a Little I Was Wrong

pbp908

A Little Enabling and a Little I Was Wrong

Post by pbp908 »

I don't often admit that I was wrong. Dr. B's favorite saying was "I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken." LOL. Today I'm eating a little crow.

I'm trying to finish up some Valentine's ATCs and was bemoaning the fact that I don't have any red Distress Stickles since I wanted a vintage look. While brushing on some ultra fine glitter, it dawned on me that I had bought some MS glitter on sale after Christmas. Looked and sure enough had one called Crystal Coarse. I think everyone knows how I feel about even buying MS products, much less using them, so I was really surprised at how much I like this glitter. It's in a shaker vial - like a small salt shaker- which makes application a breeze and it looks very vintage - I love it.

So - apologies to the manufacturers of MS glitter - it's beautiful and vintagey (Is that a word?) and I'm going back to Wallie World this afternoon to see if they have some more!

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Luanne

Re: A Little Enabling and a Little I Was Wrong

Post by Luanne »

gulp....do they have clear or 'smoke'
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm not a Martha fan myself, but I noticed that a lot of her products are made by E K Success, and I'm sure the glitter is from another well-known company. Sounds like you got a good deal!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

her glitter is also EK Success
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

The large that I was using earlier is clear. And she probably has a smoke - heaven knows she has every other color.

Pam
Pam P.

Monica

Post by Monica »

ChristyB wrote:her glitter is also EK Success

That explains the good quality. I've bought some Martha labeled glues because they were made by EK Success and a tad cheaper than the regular EK Success stuff (at least at Wal-Mart).

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Honey

Post by Honey »

You should check Walmart after the holidays. I purchased 3 sets of 3 or 4 glitters each for around $2 a pack. My Walmart still had them hanging in the scrapbook area and they weren't marked down - but they were clearly Christmas since they had a snowflake design on the package. Sure enough they rung up at the discounted price.

I'm keeping my eye out for them in other colors after each holiday. I didn't see anything special for Valentine's Day - but my Walmart isn't a huge one, so you may be luckier than I.

Also, has anyone tried her stamps? There are some bird ones I like.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I saw the bird stamps and I've been debating about them. I'd like to have them, but it kills me to buy her products. :angry42:
Pam P.