ohhhh, it hurts

Cheryl Mixon

Re: ohhhh, it hurts

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

Cheryl Miller....

Your ATC is on its way home. Your stray made it to the post office in time to go out in tonight's mail!!! Hopefully you'll have it by Monday.
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

Ruth Ann,

I would be just too spoiled to have one of #17's.!!
Alright, I'm hooked. I have seen the pictures and everyone says, doesnt do it justice, better IRL.....well, now I know what they are talking about...

Luanne...see what you have done!!! I was perfectly happy not making them.....but NOOOOOOO, you had to go and do that!! Now I gotta make some!!

I'm going to skip the Spring one but then I'll jump in...probably the RR?? I'll have to keep a closer eye on these threads now....

(A monster is being created!)

Thanks,
Cheryl
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Please PM me your correct address so I can get something out to you.

I am really sorry about! Not about creating a monster, sometimes we just need a taste....I'd be a great dope dealer, wouldn't I? But that was not my intention! It was an honest mistake.

As for being a beginner. Please don't stress about that. We all look back at our original ATCs and want to burn them. It's a learning process. Remember your first layouts? As long as you put forth your best effort, nobody will complain. And if they do, too bad. There are a lot of techniques we use at the beginning, that are good to revisit.
southernpeach35

Post by southernpeach35 »

there is no bad art because beauty and function is in the eye (or hand) of the beholder...IMHP
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

alright, I'm going to do it...next RR, I'm in.

I didnt tell you earlier...when I was at the Post Office this morning, I showed the teller and told her what had happened and that I was going to have to return it. When I went back later in the day to return it to Cheryl, I showed her...she said..what a shame, it was so pretty...

so now I'll have to start showing her my swaps!!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Maybe you will enable another person!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

It was fated to be.... to get you hooked in with the rest of us ATC fanatics! It's definitely addicting. I use my POPS and scraps for almost all of them... it's a great way to use them.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

Monica,

I have more POPs than I care to admit (two drawers full, maybe 15/20 pounds in a drawer?) Ok, wipe the coffee off the screen...yes, I need to do something with it...I have found my answer!

Thank all you ladies for all your encouragement...I'm ready to roll

Cheryl
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Good GENERAL rules for ATCS:

1. Create a background.
2. Pick one focal image.
3. Add detail that compliments the image, not distracts from it.

**If your background is busy, pick a simpal focal. If you have a glever focal, keep the background simple.

A great was to start swapping is to join Luly's one a month. That way you make 10 of the same, and each month it's a diffeerent theme.. Ruth Ann's RR's are awesome too.
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

Cheryl, if you use 5x7 POPs, you get exactly four ATCs out of one piece of paper. Just sayin'...
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

Luanne and Ink-Pattie,
Thanks for the bits of advice. I thought about the size today and was going to have to look it up to be sure...but I got lots of 5x7....I was using the other sizes for some journaling but couldnt cut the big pieces...kinda like how it was trying to cut into my first 12x12 if y'all can remember way back when!!

hehehe....

Cheryl