Emulsion Transfer

julierealtor

Emulsion Transfer

Post by julierealtor »

Okay Ruth Ann, finished my DS wedding SB and had some time to experiment. This is an emulsion transfer straight from the Golden sight. I used an image from a glossy magazine and coated the top of her 2x with golden gel medium and let dry. I gently rubbed the paper off the back with a baby wipe and what you have left is an onion skin thin transparent emulsion of the image in reverse. I put this on a Bernie Berlin BG. I had a very difficult time photographing this and it is probably not completely dry.

Title: She is tired of waiting...
DSCN0296 (Medium).JPG
DSCN0296 (Medium).JPG (57.31 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
BTW, I did purchase a Chartpak Blender to try that transfer method also
Holly

Re: Emulsion Transfer

Post by Holly »

Very cool Julie! So once you coat it and let dry, then the paper rubs off, does it need to be magazine paper?
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Holly, anything but inkjet print. You could coat a whole sheet of images at a time and then have them on hand, which is what I will do the next time.
Holly

Post by Holly »

Ok-- thanks I may just try this when I get back.
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I have this one in my art journal to try one of these days. For some reason, I thought you could use inkjet, but I'm too whipped (been peeling off wall paper all day) to go get the journal and look...I've been keeping all the techniques I've found and plan on using in my CRS art journal.

I think you did a great job with this...like it very much!!!
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I may be wrong Ruth Ann...I've looked at so many different transfer techniques...great idea keeping them all in one place!
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I'm keeping them in one place because of CRS! and I have some big plans for transferance art as I really, really like doing it. I've been slowly working my way through some of the techniques to see what works well for each kind of work I want to end up doing. I have old vintage family photos i will eventually work with and want really clean, crisp transferals for them.....and I think I have it! as for the vintage look, I've liked the gel transfer for that weathered look...Isn't it fun?
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

ooh! There's a new one! That is very cool Julie!
Luly

Post by Luly »

Very, very, very, very cool Julie.. Can you tell I LOVE it?
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Julie that turned out great. I really want to try some of these things you all have been doing. I guess that means I need to buy more supplies :roll:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

looks good
4nancie

Post by 4nancie »

WOW Looks Great :clap:
Thanks for sharing