a Card and a treat

nancine

a Card and a treat

Post by nancine »

It has been sooooo cold, got my little heater cranked, Ugg boots on and wristies - trying to get some holiday stuff done!
This card and treat holder are for my hairdresser. I have an appointment today so I need to have her Christmas "stuff" ready since I won't see her until January.
The card features a Tim stamp and die set I got on clearance... thought I'd make my cards with it but it is TOO MUCH WORK for mass production, LOL. You can't see it too well but there is some subtle shine from the Distress Glitter (that I got from Christy in a past secret sister swap!)

The treat holder is an old idea!
Attachments
WreathCard.JPG
WreathCard.JPG (151.21 KiB) Viewed 440 times
TreatHolder.jpg
TreatHolder.jpg (125.03 KiB) Viewed 440 times
Monica

Re: a Card and a treat

Post by Monica »

Very cool, Nancy! I have that Tim die and stamp set myself.... and haven't used it yet... :tomato:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Oh man. I have a hair appointment and it never occurred to me to take her anything. How long do you have to be their client before you feel obligated?

Those are so pretty! You did a great job with both of them.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Nancy that is adorable and I don't know that Tim die.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Lovely card Nancy! I, too, have that stamp although not the die; lucky you to have found it on clearance. I'm sure your hairdresser will be thrilled.

Pam, I once read that in terms of tipping etiquette if you tip people like your hairdresser every time you see them there is no need to do something extra for Christmas. I probably overtip every time - as I give a generous percentage of the total including tax, often rounding it up - although I'm sure a handmade card and/or treat would be appreciated in an entirely different way. But the etiquette police won't come after you if you don't.
nancine

Post by nancine »

Keitha wrote:Lovely card Nancy! I, too, have that stamp although not the die; lucky you to have found it on clearance. I'm sure your hairdresser will be thrilled.

Pam, I once read that in terms of tipping etiquette if you tip people like your hairdresser every time you see them there is no need to do something extra for Christmas. I probably overtip every time - as I give a generous percentage of the total including tax, often rounding it up - although I'm sure a handmade card and/or treat would be appreciated in an entirely different way. But the etiquette police won't come after you if you don't.
Exactly Keitha, although I put a bit of money in the envelope too :angel: But I give a 20% tip each visit so I don't feel I need to give too much. I've heard people give the amount of a visit, well I can't afford that much!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

The card is very nice, and the little treat is super cute!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

love the idea
pretty card
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois