A tip for the Christmas card challenge this year

pamcook

A tip for the Christmas card challenge this year

Post by pamcook »

Everyone might do this but just in case...
Years ago while prepping for my first Journal Your Christmas, I pulled all my Christmas collections (papers and stickers) together into one basket. I have a smaller basket with my Christmas washis and embellishments, favorite stamp sets, and snowflake punches. Now I keep them by my desk throughout the year to use for this monthly Christmas card challenge. As I'm working on other projects and I use something (such as gold & white washi) that would work for the cards, I drop it in the basket. Sure saves me time - especially since this is an ongoing challenge.
Pam Cook #48
azemigh

Re: A tip for the Christmas card challenge this year

Post by azemigh »

Good idea!
nancine

Post by nancine »

good idea - I've left my box-o-Christmas stamps down from the top shelf, but this makes a little more sense.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Similarly, when I'm working on a specific project that will take more than one sitting, I usually gather everything together in a project kit so I have what I need handy. The exception would be an entire travel album, unless I'm doing the entire thing using one paper line. But if the pages will use different paper collections, I might just gather the embellishments together if they will be consistent throughout. For my Route 66 album I decided that every open spread will have a piece of flair. So I've put all the flair together in one little bin, so as I'm working on the pages I can sift through and pick something appropriate.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Having done Journal Your Christmas like Pam, I also put a lot of Christmas embellishments, words, small pieces of paper ike mattes or 6 x 6" pads and other Christmas stuff in a basket and kept it out all last year for the monthly cards. My stamps and embossing folders and dies were in a pizza box. All I needed to make from cardstock were the card bases.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:Having done Journal Your Christmas like Pam, I also put a lot of Christmas embellishments, words, small pieces of paper ike mattes or 6 x 6" pads and other Christmas stuff in a basket and kept it out all last year for the monthly cards. My stamps and embossing folders and dies were in a pizza box. All I needed to make from cardstock were the card bases.

This is exactly what i did last year also otherwise I never would have made any Christmas cards ahead of time at all. It also helps to prevent me from buying new holiday stamps and papers when I have an idea of what I already have. Well, not always but it slows me down. I really have a nice collection of stamps for Christmas but I will allow myself one stamp/die set if it's really that terrific. But I really want to use what I have and enjoy them.
FARLEY in Sacramento
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I have now told myself at least 4 years
in a row, that I do not need to purchase
one other Christmas item - paper, stamp,
embellishment, whatever.

And every year I see all the new Christmas
items and I can't help myself. I think I'm addicted
to Christmas paper, stamps, embellies, whatever. LOL

I have a rolling Iris cart full!