Lawn Fawn Class

nancine

Lawn Fawn Class

Post by nancine »

I took a fun, quick card class yesterday at the LSS. Introducing some of the new Lawn Fawn stamps/dies. The astronaut card is really cute, we used the new Nuvo Mousse for the background. Lightly brush on stamp and it leaves shimmery-textured image. The spaceship spins around using that old technique with a penny. The gal laughed when I said I've been stamping forever and we used to make these with X-acto knives! The circle is pretty easy, since you just need circle dies or punches, not any special "slider" die. I notice that they have slider and swinging dies from Essentials by Ellen now (Ellen Hutson)

Jennifer McGuire has a slider card video with good ideas - posted yesterday I think.

See the Lawn Fawn Video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-jGGY36Lyk&t=16s
Attachments
LawnFawnClass.jpg
LawnFawnClass.jpg (139.73 KiB) Viewed 527 times
nancine

Re: Lawn Fawn Class

Post by nancine »

LOL - I just added up the "cost" to make those cards, if you bought all the stamps and dies it would be about $158.00
That doesn't count the paper or cardstock!

I guess $30 for the class was a "bargain", LOL

She's doing another one in April, not sure if I'll do it or not.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

These are all cute but I really love the astronaut. Good on you keeping your resolution to take classes. And, we gotta support these few remaining stores.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Great cards...love the astronaut slider card. I saw Jennifer's slider ideas and love them. I like that set of the varied slider dies but how much would I actually use them?
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Post by nancine »

exactly --- how many times would we use them? X-acto works fine for me!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I miss having a LSS. Really miss it.
$30? Mixed feelings. Those cards are a.dor.a.ble. And I'd pay $5-6 a piece - but -I always hoped the shops would give a credit for the class fee with a minimum purchase. I haven't seen it happen but I can wish, right?

I've never seen that spinner technique. I really do love them!
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Post by nancine »

They give you 10% off your purchases that day, which around here basically covers tax (8.75-9%)!
So there is a little incentive! They also keep a running total, and when you reach a certain dollar amount you get a 15% off coupon.

On our Renegades day it used to be a $10 fee which was waived if you made a $10 or more purchase.
Now it's $10 flat fee. But if you do buy something you will get 10% off. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the change, but I guess they need to keep their doors open. At least I won't feel "pressured" to make a purchase!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Archives had a similar policy for their crops and I only remember taking one class - Glimmer Mist. Geez how many years ago that was!
$30 isn't bad for a class really. I'm sure it helps off set the cost of bringing in a teacher (when that's the case). You made great use of their tools & supplies.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Great cards Nancy; like everyone else I especially like the astronaut. For some reason I'm a sucker for Lawn Fawn stamps and dies - never mind that I don't really make cards, and I don't do 'cute'. The internal debates are long and heated before I finally walk away in the store, LOL - although occasionally the other side wins ;)
I was thinking that the circles would be easy enough to cut with a set of circle cutters, too. I also think $30 was good price for the class, especially when you add in the entertainment factor to your overall value. I always enjoy the camaraderie at a class.