August Cards

nancine

Re: August Cards

Post by nancine »

ScrappinJen wrote:These are cool. I LOVE those flowers. Does Catherine design all of her stamps?
Well, the flower stamp is from Concord and 9th... not Catherine.

Catherine doesn't design, she has a few designers she's been working with.
One seems to do the lettering sets and there are others that design other things.

Thank you all!
I've been having fun creating... and now I may have to bring a few items in the house since temps are to be 100+ this weekend. UGH.
We do not have A/C... but with all this climate change (yes, it's real Mr. President) we may be looking into it!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

nancine wrote:
ScrappinJen wrote:These are cool. I LOVE those flowers. Does Catherine design all of her stamps?

One seems to do the lettering sets and there are others that design other things.

Thank you all!
I've been having fun creating... and now I may have to bring a few items in the house since temps are to be 100+ this weekend. UGH.
We do not have A/C... but with all this climate change (yes, it's real Mr. President) we may be looking into it!

Yes, do move inside! We are forecasted the next 4 days with 104, 110, 109 and 106! Plus to add to the heat, we are engulfed in smoke from 2 large fires north of us. Air quality today is nasty.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

paddlegal wrote:
nancine wrote:

Thank you all!

Yes, do move inside! We are forecasted the next 4 days with 104, 110, 109 and 106! Plus to add to the heat, we are engulfed in smoke from 2 large fires north of us. Air quality today is nasty.
That air quality wouldn't happen to be coming from Washington State, would it? I ask as I look outside at the huge amounts of smoky air from fired on either side of me. My poor cat is stuck indoors again because she came in last night from the screened patio smelling like my dad's charcoal barbecue. Her fur was just saturated with the odor. Wasn't so bad on my way home, but the wind kicked up after that and really shoved smoke down onto us.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
nancine

Post by nancine »

Unfortunately we have our own fires here in California, and this weekends weather isn't going to help.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Oh my goodness... you west coasters stay safe in all of that heat and smoke! I get it - we usually go through a week or so in the 100's, usually late July. It's not at all fun to be in. And for us, it usually comes with 75+% humidity. Our house is a bit on the larger side, and we have a whole wall of windows that face due south, so during those rough summer weeks, our air conditioner can't always keep up. We're often lucky to have the house in the high 70s during those weeks, and that's with the AC running at 100% capacity. There's no way you can live in the midwest without AC.

It's funny though - I'm currently sitting outside on my deck pondering the fact that I could totally live with exactly this weather year-round. It's 75, mostly sunny, and the wind is just enough that it's creating a fantastic sound through the trees. We're in the suburbs, but our lots are spaced out nicely, so it has a rural feel. There's very little traffic noise, and at the moment, no kids are out playing and nobody is in their pool. It's nights like this that remind me of why we fell in love with this location. I think this is a little cooler than is typical for August, but it's a reminder of the glorious fall weather is just around the corner.

:hijack: Ok, end of hijack. Resume card making talk now. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I am not even going to whine about it. At least I'm not in Houston.

But I am staying indoors. And I agree with Farley, I tell everyone who will listen to me, this seems to be the hottest summer ever. And I don't believe in algore.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I lied. We just got back from our two mile walk. Yikes. Are we crazy or what?

I may not believe in global warming but I do believe in smoke and haze. Yucko!!!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:I am not even going to whine about it. At least I'm not in Houston.

But I am staying indoors. And I agree with Farley, I tell everyone who will listen to me, this seems to be the hottest summer ever. And I don't believe in algore.

Yes, we have no room to complain. I'll handle nasty heat and smoke in an air conditioned home any day over having it flooded. Those poor people.

Meanwhile it will be a good weekend to hunker down and make cards and possibly even tidy up the craftroom.
FARLEY in Sacramento