Post by pat-czap »

jmp1022 wrote:I was not browbeaten by a company person it was another customer
Still, what's the point? Geez.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Monica

Re: question for all of you card makers

Post by Monica »

pat-czap wrote:MONICA...I believe you are trying to remember Spencer's name. Terri Zwicker has been teaching at retreats in the past few years.
That's his name! :)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I just had a look at all 3 of the links for sending cards. They all sound like good places and very good causes. I'm really glad to know these groups exist for when my drawer of cards starts overflowing again!

Good question, Julie!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I'm late in joining this but I give a lot of my cards away. Check out your nearby Senior Centers and take a bunch there. Try nursing homes, many of those people don't ever get anything and I'm sure if they administrators have access to "extra" cards they can hand them out when needed. I give a lot of my Christmas cards to my DIL, she always takes the kids to the nursing home to visit people and the kids give the cards out. One man last year said it was the most beautiful card he had ever seen and he was going to give it to his wife when she came in to see him. Makes you feel good.
jfugina wrote:Great ideas, ladies! I'll be checking out those links. I did give a pack of cards to a teacher as a gift one time, but it's so hard to know whether or not they're the type to send cards, and our PTO actually goes so far as to suggest that we give teachers gift cards to restaurants or coffee shops. I think the teachers all do a big gift card swap after the holidays so they can all swap for their favorites. So much for "the thought that counts".
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

When we moved I just threw away a lot of those weird (to me) stamps. I would never use and never send to anyone.
pamcook wrote:
pat-czap wrote:
katymjo wrote:I think a lot depends on the greeting or sentiment on the cards, which is a consideration if you are selling or donating them. Most people can relate to Happy Birthday, Anniversary, Thinking of You, Get Well Soon etc. But some of those puns and quirky greetings from CS are not so acceptable. "Who on earth would I send that to?" Or even What on earth does that mean? :P
Kathryn.
I think we could fill a few large buckets with all those weird CS stamps. ;) My CS stamp collection is much too big, and burdensome.
Amen.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I once gave a set of cards to "Katie the mail lady" at Christmas time. We had many chats as she delivered mail in the neighborhood, very friendly gal. She then wrote me the most wonderful note. When we moved away, she left me another heart warming note. So you never know who will be a good recipient of our beautiful cards. :D
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA