question for all of you card makers

katymjo

Re: question for all of you card makers

Post by katymjo »

I think a lot depends on the greeting or sentiment on the cards, which is a consideration if you are selling or donating them. Most people can relate to Happy Birthday, Anniversary, Thinking of You, Get Well Soon etc. But some of those puns and quirky greetings from CS are not so acceptable. "Who on earth would I send that to?" Or even What on earth does that mean? :P
Kathryn.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

katymjo wrote:I think a lot depends on the greeting or sentiment on the cards, which is a consideration if you are selling or donating them. Most people can relate to Happy Birthday, Anniversary, Thinking of You, Get Well Soon etc. But some of those puns and quirky greetings from CS are not so acceptable. "Who on earth would I send that to?" Or even What on earth does that mean? :P
Kathryn.
I think we could fill a few large buckets with all those weird CS stamps. ;) My CS stamp collection is much too big, and burdensome.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
nancine

Post by nancine »

pat-czap wrote:
katymjo wrote:I think a lot depends on the greeting or sentiment on the cards, which is a consideration if you are selling or donating them. Most people can relate to Happy Birthday, Anniversary, Thinking of You, Get Well Soon etc. But some of those puns and quirky greetings from CS are not so acceptable. "Who on earth would I send that to?" Or even What on earth does that mean? :P
Kathryn.
I think we could fill a few large buckets with all those weird CS stamps. ;) My CS stamp collection is much too big, and burdensome.
Isn't that the truth???!!!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

pat-czap wrote:
Kathryn.
Amen.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Same. I know I got to a point where I wasn't using a lot of the tags and stuff that came with the GTG, because they was just too strange. I have some stamp images that don't make any sense to me either. My collection is also larger than is sensible. But I still keep them all. :lol:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I'm glad I only ever bought a few of those UM stamp sheets and as for the printed tags and greetings, the other side was always blank. I'd punch things out of them or use the blank side but I also got rid of a lot of them.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pat-czap wrote:
Kathryn.

Exactly! I sorted out all of those weird sentiments, bagged them and tried to sell them at one of the LSS garage sales. Ha! I think I sold one or two baggies and I bet the buyer felt she was cheated. :lol: I dropped the rest off at Goodwill Express on the way home. Those sayings were not suitable for donating anywhere else IMO.

And thanks Nancy for your answers. I might consider it in January...a great 2018 craft resolution/goal!
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I don't understand why they continue with those dumb sentiments. Who do THEY know where they could use them? I could only use them for other CS members. They MIGHT understand.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

ScrappinJen wrote:I don't understand why they continue with those dumb sentiments. Who do THEY know where they could use them? I could only use them for other CS members. They MIGHT understand.
Ummm...have you met Jac???
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Love this thread, because it expresses why I don't make cards. George asked me for a Christmas card last year, and I gave him one I made. The person who received it loved it so much it's still on her refrigerator. Go figure. At last, someone who appreciates them enough to keep them, so that inspires me to make more. :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't got a clue about those dumb CS sentiments. Now I won't feel guilty feeding them to the hungry trashcan.

I'm going to put a sticky on this thread so we can find it again.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pat-czap wrote:
ScrappinJen wrote:I don't understand why they continue with those dumb sentiments. Who do THEY know where they could use them? I could only use them for other CS members. They MIGHT understand.
Ummm...have you met Jac???

Yes, I have. :lol:

I wonder, is she still designing for them? When CS posts people in FB I never see her in any of the photos.
FARLEY in Sacramento
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

The CS one I remember is
Time flies like the wind
Fruit flies like bananas.
:shock: :shock: :lol:
Kathryn.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

paddlegal wrote:

Yes, I have. :lol:

I wonder, is she still designing for them? When CS posts people in FB I never see her in any of the photos.
YES...Jac is still the designer. I know many of you have met her, so you know what I mean...

She is a nice gal, who dances to her own tune.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

katymjo wrote:The CS one I remember is
Time flies like the wind
Kathryn.

I was thinking about that one the other day! :lol: Who in the world would you send that to???
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

pbp908 wrote:
katymjo wrote:The CS one I remember is
Time flies like the wind
Kathryn.

I was thinking about that one the other day! :lol: Who in the world would you send that to???
That goes in the big bucket of no thank you, bye-bye.

I am going to go through mine and lighten my load.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA