New Card Kit - Old Die Sets

mpizzazz

Re: New Card Kit - Old Die Sets

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:They are all good! Did you follow their samples or just use the products to do your own thing?
Thanks Marianne

All of these cards are my own nutty ideas. There were some example photos that come with the kit and of course some VickiP videos. But I like to wing it. :lol: There are two yellow and one green card bases yet to use. Not crazy about that green and less so of the yellow. So I've left the hardest challenge for last. Something to work on tonight. I'm thinking of hacking those up for mattes and die cuts and use my own card stock for bases. Grey seems the best color for that job.
I like your attitude about winging it. More is always more, to me! What's wrong with yellow, yes, add grey, great combo!

Back in your first post you refer to MFT, what is that? I should know but don't remember! :?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:
paddlegal wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:They are all good! Did you follow their samples or just use the products to do your own thing?
Thanks Marianne

All of these cards are my own nutty ideas. There were some example photos that come with the kit and of course some VickiP videos. But I like to wing it. :lol: There are two yellow and one green card bases yet to use. Not crazy about that green and less so of the yellow. So I've left the hardest challenge for last. Something to work on tonight. I'm thinking of hacking those up for mattes and die cuts and use my own card stock for bases. Grey seems the best color for that job.
I like your attitude about winging it. More is always more, to me! What's wrong with yellow, yes, add grey, great combo!

Back in your first post you refer to MFT, what is that? I should know but don't remember! :?

My Favorite Things dies. Perhaps you thought it was something else. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:

My Favorite Things dies. Perhaps you thought it was something else. :lol:
Thanks! No, I don't know that one or a lot of the other ones people refer to on here.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I didn't make my goal yesterday of completing the last three card bases but tonight I made two of the cards. Very different from all the others and more like a me kind of card. Two things of interest here. First I used 4 Oxide Inks to create the backgrounds. Second I made my own "die cut" shape on my KNK. I went crazy over a very similar die set on Papertrey Ink. I thought "for Pete's sake, I can draw that"! So I did. I saved $10 in the process. I cut these from watercolor paper and it worked great with the Oxides. Curious about the dies? Here's a link.

https://www.papertreyink.com/pti-dies/p ... angle-die/

This is me winging it Marianne.
Attachments
IMG_3462.jpg
IMG_3462.jpg (75.81 KiB) Viewed 414 times
IMG_3461.jpg
IMG_3461.jpg (152.19 KiB) Viewed 414 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

The cards:
Attachments
IMG_3463.jpg
IMG_3463.jpg (99.52 KiB) Viewed 414 times
IMG_3464.jpg
IMG_3464.jpg (90.13 KiB) Viewed 414 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Very nice. I get that kit each month and love it.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Great job on all your cards Farley! I really like the Hello card and the Oxide ones. If I keep seeing these inks I might have to break down.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Those are beautiful, Farley.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Those inks have been sitting in my cart at Amazon for a week. I'm really getting closer to pressing the buy button.

Farley - those backgrounds are fantastic, and I love how this set of cards turned out overall! And what a great idea, creating your own cut file to use! My newer Cricut will take uploads, and something like a "torn" background would be a great file to have handy.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Thank you everyone! I must say I loved getting inky last night. I have the green card base to use up and it has an Oxide background waiting for it plus one more for a grey card. Now to choose what will go on them. Since seeing the link Nancy posted of where to send your cards I'm focusing on appropriate ones for that group.

As for those KNK cut rough backgrounds, so far I've made them in two sizes and I'm using the small ones (2.5 X 3.5) like tags swiping up the unused excess inks on the matte. I'm hoping to make an oval version soon.
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

The final two cards. I ended up making 11 cards from the kit using all the card bases for 10 and added a grey for the last card. I still have about half of the patterned papers and I may never use most of them. Some were a bit anemic looking.

The top card features stamps and dies from a SSS card kit from at least three years ago. Bottom card I'm sure you all recognize from StampinUp. I never get tired of those sandpipers. The backgrounds are from yesterday's Oxide playtime and "my" faux PTI rough edged frame cut.
Attachments
IMG_3470.jpg
IMG_3470.jpg (105.18 KiB) Viewed 393 times
IMG_3469.jpg
IMG_3469.jpg (91.48 KiB) Viewed 393 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Re: New Card Kit - Old Die Sets - Kit DONE!

Post by paddlegal »

Ignore this spot. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Wow Farley! Those cards are stunning! I don't think you could have asked for a better stamp and background combo than that second one.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Those backgrounds and cards are terrific!! Great idea for making a cut file to cut the rough-edged background piece... now you've got the wheels in my brain turning!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

OH gosh I love them!
Your cut file is just perfect.
Pam Cook #48