SSS September Card Kit

paddlegal

SSS September Card Kit

Post by paddlegal »

I wasn't expecting to get this kit so close to the August kit. But I figure if I post the kit each month it will encourage me to actually use it and make 10 cards. This kit is very little girly but I have a little girly-girl in my life who will love a few of these cards.

Working on card #1 right now.
Attachments
IMG_3494.jpg
IMG_3494.jpg (109.95 KiB) Viewed 702 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Re: SSS September Card Kit

Post by jfugina »

I think that's a great motivator, Farley! I sometimes post that I'm going to work on something, and I definitely feel more obligated to actually follow through.

That kit is a really cute kit. I have a few little girls in my life still, but none of them really care anything about a card, unless it has money in it. :shock: However, I would definitely use a kit like that to make some birthday layouts featuring those little girls. I can't wait to see what you come up with! See... now you're obligated. ;)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

jfugina wrote:I think that's a great motivator, Farley! I sometimes post that I'm going to work on something, and I definitely feel more obligated to actually follow through.

That kit is a really cute kit. I have a few little girls in my life still, but none of them really care anything about a card, unless it has money in it. :shock: However, I would definitely use a kit like that to make some birthday layouts featuring those little girls. I can't wait to see what you come up with! See... now you're obligated. ;)

Thanks Julie, I needed that. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

I agree that it's very girly girly, but the shaker tags are intriguing. I bought some shaker coffee cups and the cards for them from SSS last month, but I am determined to get through these WDW photos before picking up another project. We'll see how long the resolve holds, considering I've got the Halloween card swap to do. :lol: But I do look forward to your cards!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Monica you'll love these shaker cups. They work great. I may actually order some extras. Coffee cup ones? Oh yeah, must have a few.

Here is Card #1 crossover card also used for my September trifold card challenge. Sweet colors for a girly girl for sure. Not sure yet what I'll put inside but I really liked the sentiment I stamped and embossed on the shaker tag.
Attachments
IMG_3500.jpg
IMG_3500.jpg (108.94 KiB) Viewed 693 times
IMG_3501.jpg
IMG_3501.jpg (127.85 KiB) Viewed 693 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Love the colors on this one. So cute.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Very bright colors
It makes pretty cards
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

The little girl in me loves everything about the kit but the card you made is the cutest ever! Your girly-girl is going to adore them.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Farlye, that card is too stinkin' cute!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That is adorable, Farley! She will love that card!
That kit reminds me so much of all the Lisa Frank products that Robin's generation were so thrilled with.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Very adorable. Loves me some Doodlebug.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I adore that card! The shaker element is very interesting. It's super cute, but I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to mail something like that? Also, this discussion is jogging my memory that I have some shaker box dies that are super fun, but I never figured out how to use them really. But now if shakers are becoming kind of trendy, maybe I'll start to see some ideas for how to use them. I think my dies only make square boxes, but I should dig them out and see.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

jfugina wrote:I adore that card! The shaker element is very interesting. It's super cute, but I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to mail something like that? Also, this discussion is jogging my memory that I have some shaker box dies that are super fun, but I never figured out how to use them really. But now if shakers are becoming kind of trendy, maybe I'll start to see some ideas for how to use them. I think my dies only make square boxes, but I should dig them out and see.

No not the easiest card to mail. But with some special padding and extra postage to a very worthy recipient it is possible.

You really don't need any specialized die to create a shaker card. There are so many ways to make one. An easy alternative is to just fill one of those small, clear cello type envelopes and place it behind an opening made with any shaped die.
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I'm struggling with "cute" a bit. Plus I'm aiming these cards for Card Care Connection so the sentiments are restricted to "thinking of you" type cards. I'm therefore gearing these cards generally toward children.

I'm using up the kit's 6 X 6 printed paper fast and have little left. Once I've used up what I can work with I'll add paper from stash. Meanwhile I am adding solid paper from stash to beef up these cards. Three cards down, seven to go.

Card #2 and #3:
Attachments
IMG_3505.jpg
IMG_3505.jpg (117.14 KiB) Viewed 642 times
IMG_3506.jpg
IMG_3506.jpg (120.23 KiB) Viewed 642 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

Both are cute cards! I'd struggle too, but I like what you've done.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin