Christmas/holiday cards suggestion

pamcook

Christmas/holiday cards suggestion

Post by pamcook »

I enjoyed making my Christmas cards through 2017. Rather than having a separate thread, how about we use Farley & Nancy’s card challenges to make our cards this year?
If anyone has a special design they want to share, feel free to post a challenge some time in the year.

Any thoughts?
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Re: Christmas/holiday cards suggestion

Post by pat-czap »

Great suggestion Pam. :D
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Brilliant idea! My current outside/inside die cut card challenge would work great with holiday dies. Thanks for thinking of this Pam.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That sounds very good, Pam, We might as well do double duty on all the challenges!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Great idea. This way we're not locked into a particular season and can adapt the challenge for whatever we need/want.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I need to pull my dies out this week also. Good to get back into my cards. I will no longer be doing scrap booking but I will never give up on cards.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

troublesmom wrote:I need to pull my dies out this week also. Good to get back into my cards. I will no longer be doing scrap booking but I will never give up on cards.
Cheryl, while it makes me sad to hear you say you will no longer be scrapping, I wish I could be so decisive in my crafting decisions. I applaud your knowing what it is you like/want to do.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:
troublesmom wrote:I need to pull my dies out this week also. Good to get back into my cards. I will no longer be doing scrap booking but I will never give up on cards.
Cheryl, which it makes me sad to hear you say you will no longer be scrapping, I wish I could be so decisive in my crafting decisions. I applaud your knowing what it is you like/want to do.
I keep saying I'm going to give up card making but it seems silly to not make my own cards. There's so much great inspiration here. I have given up art journaling (as if I did much of it anyway). I can get my mixed-media fix by doing backgrounds on scrapbook pages. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind at any time. :lol:
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I need to start giving away / sending more of my cards.... I enjoy making them but I've amassed a box full of cards.... so maybe that's my goal for 2018.... send more cards!! and put some sets together in nice little boxes and give more as gifts. :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

nchoney wrote:I need to start giving away / sending more of my cards.... I enjoy making them but I've amassed a box full of cards.... so maybe that's my goal for 2018.... send more cards!! and put some sets together in nice little boxes and give more as gifts. :-)
Me too! I often used cards as a means to try out a new technique or a new die or something. But I'm HORRIBLE at sending them and could probably stock a small storefront for a few months. :shock: But as much as I enjoyed receiving birthday cards from the card club, I got stressed every first of the month when it dawned on me that I had *one more thing* that I was now behind on. I didn't need the additional stress. So I have piles of cards instead. Lots of folks have suggested donating them or gifting them, and while I really love that idea, there's a nagging voice in my head that says I should send them to other card makers who will appreciate them for what went into them. I know that's extremely selfish of me, but that's why my cards are all hoarded and not sent. :oops: I have visions of my cards getting tossed in the trash (much like I've always done with retail cards) and I can't deal.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

nchoney wrote:I need to start giving away / sending more of my cards.... I enjoy making them but I've amassed a box full of cards.... so maybe that's my goal for 2018.... send more cards!! and put some sets together in nice little boxes and give more as gifts. :-)

I am so proud of myself. Last week I wanted to send a birthday card to the friend that just had her 50th Anniversary, I actually went through my stash and found an ideal one for her. Yay me! :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Keitha it is a tough decision but I have so very many scrap books now and know that none of our kids will want them. I can't justify all the money spent to keep doing them. I started out as a card maker and that is my enjoyment.

Keitha wrote:
Cheryl, while it makes me sad to hear you say you will no longer be scrapping, I wish I could be so decisive in my crafting decisions. I applaud your knowing what it is you like/want to do.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Debbie - I'm with you. I've made so many card, I have boxes of cards. I do a bunch of swaps, but putting together some for gifts sounds like the perfect solution!! I don't buy cards anymore.
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

your extra cards could be donated to either
nursing homes, assisted living facilities
or Sr. Citizen Clubs. Most are on fixed
incomes and at the price of cards today
thheywould probably jump at the chance to
send one of your artful creations to a loved one
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn