Remember Gelli Plates?

pamcook

Remember Gelli Plates?

Post by pamcook »

I'm going to be honest. I don't even know where mine is right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6-KpSH ... outu.be&a=
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Re: Remember Gelli Plates?

Post by ScrappinJen »

Nice stuff. But m a dunce. Please explain to me how a gelli plate differs from just a craft mat for the results? I guess I need to know WHY I need one? Can anyone enlighten me?
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I hae one but only used it once sense we did it at the shop
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Not sure of the right answer Jen...but it may have something to do with the resilience of the plate. I have used the rubber mat used in die cut embossing, and achieved great results. Use what you have whenever possible. ;)
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I still use mine a lot. It is especially great for those days I want to play but can't get motivated.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I also think it's funny how originally they were like NEVER use spray inks & mists and now every one is.

Also have used them with my watercolor crayons.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Surprisingly I never obtained one nor tried a class. But I know I've seen beautiful results. I have a couple of those rubber mats for die cutting. Great idea Pat.
FARLEY in Sacramento
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

I love using mine. It's fun to experiment to get various results. I usually do a ton of pages when I start to have on hand for collage, background pages, etc. There are tons of videos out there with ways to use it.
I've also made several which worked pretty good. I did that before I invested in the Gelli Arts plate. The frugalcrafter has a recipe that works well. You don't have to refrigerate the plate. It's a good way to have one to try without investing as much.

BUT, they have so many sizes now that they are more affordable. I wouldn't go to the trouble of making another one unless I had all the ingredients on hand. There is also another company that has put one out recently. Seems like it is called Gelli plate.

I've also done the craft sheet or on a foam sheet. That works it not as well as the plate. You get a much different result.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I used a silicone mat I have for embossing. I guess it's close to the gelli.