I've got some new things to upcycle......Got two finished!

azemigh

I've got some new things to upcycle......Got two finished!

Post by azemigh »

DH wanted to go to GoodWill today and look for camping shirts. Well, how could I pass up a trip to GoodWill to look for things to alter. I hit a pretty good cache today........

First there's a kitchen gadget lazy susan.....thought this might be good for paintbrushes or watercolor pencils; might change out those wooden hooks for cup hooks or dowels to hang embellies from

Second, a wickerwork billholder, that I may just clean up a little and use for cards

and Third this great jewelry box. It's only missing one drawer and has all its hardware. I may turn this into a small embellishment holder or keep for jewelry; will have to see when I get into the altering process.

I spent a whole $13 today! :greenbounce:
Attachments
LazySusangadgetholder.jpg
LazySusangadgetholder.jpg (32.98 KiB) Viewed 1687 times
CardBox.jpg
CardBox.jpg (52.31 KiB) Viewed 1687 times
Jewelry Box.jpg
Jewelry Box.jpg (30.73 KiB) Viewed 1687 times
julierealtor

Re: I've got some new things to upcycle......

Post by julierealtor »

Can't wait to see what you do with them Rachelle. I love recycle centers, but have to go to Ann Arbor to fine one.
Paula

Post by Paula »

great finds!!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Holy Cow!
I have a jewerly box identical to this one. It was my mom's (and I really never liked it! :twisted: one of those long, boring stories...) I can't wait to see what you do with it - it never occured to me to make it mine somehow...
Pam Cook #48
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Love the thrift stores. Every once in awhile you can find some great treasures. Two of the baskets I found today to house art supplies was from the Goodwill and at only $1 apiece. Earlier in the week I found some cheap books to tear up for altered art, journals, etc. Don't mind ripping up a book when it cost almost nothing. Some had great vintage photos. Found one in Russian or some such language and now am looking for an old French paperback.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Great finds! I go to goodwill all the time, but I'm usually going 'round back. LOL. Goodwill is typically the beneficiary of my clutter freak-out fits. I rarely go into the front of the store - probably too afraid I'd re-buy something that I gave them. :lol:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Paula

Post by Paula »

jfugina wrote:Great finds! I go to goodwill all the time, but I'm usually going 'round back. LOL. Goodwill is typically the beneficiary of my clutter freak-out fits. I rarely go into the front of the store - probably too afraid I'd re-buy something that I gave them. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

jfugina wrote:Great finds! I go to goodwill all the time, but I'm usually going 'round back. LOL. Goodwill is typically the beneficiary of my clutter freak-out fits. I rarely go into the front of the store - probably too afraid I'd re-buy something that I gave them. :lol:
Too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: I do donate to Goodwill as well and I don't think I've bought anything I donated, but you never know. Odds are I'd see it and think in my head "Oh, I have one of those," and then spend the next 3 hours at home looking for the darn thing.
azemigh

Re: I've got some new things to upcycle......Got one finishe

Post by azemigh »

I've been working on the old jewelry box for the last couple of days since I had the paint out and got myself a new embellishment box. Just a little paint and paper to line the drawers, a little alcohol ink to freshen up the hardware and now it's ready to fill. I think the paper I used was some that I scored from Monica last summer.
Attachments
Closed.jpg
Closed.jpg (51.26 KiB) Viewed 1536 times
InsideDrawer.jpg
InsideDrawer.jpg (32.74 KiB) Viewed 1536 times
Opendoor.jpg
Opendoor.jpg (42.37 KiB) Viewed 1536 times
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

here is a close up of the bracket with the alcohol ink. I used citrus green and silver.
Attachments
AIBrackets.jpg
AIBrackets.jpg (35.05 KiB) Viewed 1536 times
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

What started all this was this dvd holder we found at goodwill a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to paint the shelves and put it up in our guest bathroom. We have absolutely no storage and no room in there and this fit perfectly above the toilet.
Attachments
RepurposedDVDRack.jpg
RepurposedDVDRack.jpg (40.89 KiB) Viewed 1534 times
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

oh Wow! that is awesome!!!!!!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Fantastic!

Rachelle - check out roadkillrescue.net. I love most of what I see there - I think you would enjoy it, too.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

Fabulous, Rachelle!! I do recognize those pen nibs.... ;)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Your embellishment box looks great. Its amazing what you can do with a little paint and pretty paper. I also like your idea for the DVD rack.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)