New use for your Glimmer Mists

ChristyB

Re: New use for your Glimmer Mists

Post by ChristyB »

Debbie J wrote:Cool, a double post. That will be the only way I catch up to Christy!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

There are several places to find the trees - they're always in the Christmas decorations with the village pieces. I've found them at Wal Mart, Big Lots, all of the craft stores, Lowes, Target, Home Depot, Dollar Tree and Dollar General. I haven't seen any difference in the quality from place to place, and if you're going to bleach them I wouldn't purchase expensive ones. Tim's are a little steep for the 2 that you get in the package (plus a wreath), especially considering that you can find packages of 25 in various sizes at the discount stores for the same price. If you want the wreaths, you can purchase a package of them (I think there's a dozen per pack) at Hobby Lobby. It's a 12" long piece and you just use the wire cutters to cut the length you want, shape and then glue (or wire) together. Add a bow and there you are without a lot invested. :lol:

I think Cheryl will tell you the same thing - when you do a lot of Christmas decorating, especially if you have a large village, you find the places and the ways to get what you need as inexpensively as possible. If I can get to them in the storage bins, I'll pull out some of my trees as a RAK because I've been replacing them with more realistic trees in our village (which will eventually all be a train LO - some day!).

As for catching up with Christy - fahgedaboudit!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Also hit Goodwill and thrift stores. You can usually find lots of goodies there.

Christy has slowed a bit, not much but some.
pbp908 wrote:

I think Cheryl will tell you the same thing - when you do a lot of Christmas decorating, especially if you have a large village, you find the places and the ways to get what you need as inexpensively as possible. If I can get to them in the storage bins, I'll pull out some of my trees as a RAK because I've been replacing them with more realistic trees in our village (which will eventually all be a train LO - some day!).

As for catching up with Christy - fahgedaboudit!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Weeell, I haven't cleaned out the cyber-crop and camp threads in awhile..... that always takes her count down a bit (and mine too, darn it!). :tomato:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Paula

Post by Paula »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: