Balloon photos

Keitha

Re: Balloon photos

Post by Keitha »

Great photos, Debbie! That looks like a really nice area to fly in. Because you're, ahem, vertically challenged as I am, I didn't bother to suggest a hat, sorry. I always recommend that to taller people, especially bald men - those burners can get hot.

You've reminded me of something I tend to do when I fly over cows, which I learned from my instructor. Horses are very skittish and one gives them a very wide berth, i.e. flying very high overhead so the noise of the burners doesn't bother them as much. There's a lot of expensive horseflesh around here, and one doesn't want the responsibility of having a $500,000 racehorse run through a fence trying to get away from the alien in the sky. Usually cows are calmer, but sometimes they get scared and start running. Let me tell you, farmers are NOT happy when the running causes the cows' milk to curdle. So if we're flying and happen on cows - sometimes they appear unexpectedly when you cross a tree line when flying low, we not only talk to them ("whoa, Bessie" or "you're ok now" if they are on the move) but we will moo at them. Generally they are accustomed to the sound of human voices, and that helps calm them down.

Ladies, even if you are afraid of heights you should you should make a point of taking a balloon ride. There's nothing like it.