Dryer sheets and die cutting

pamcook

Re: Dryer sheets and die cutting

Post by pamcook »

I hear you Marianne. I switched to wool balls for the dryer in the winter. Even switched to soap nuts in the wash. My clothes are as soft as if I used fabric softener but they don't help with the static. I'll have a clothesline at my next home!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

There must be something wrong with me.
I love those laundry room scents.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

So do I, Jen.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I use wool balls in the dryer and don't have a problem with static cling. My wool balls are felted, and when they lose their effectiveness in the dryer I put them outside for the birds to use for nesting material.
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Does the die cut into the dryer sheets at all? Has anyone tried it with a Cuttlebug?
Kathryn.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Oh, I just watched the whole video and turned on the sound this time. I can see now that it truly is life altering! :lol: :lol: :lol:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Kathryn,

I did a bunch of cutting today and I'm still working on my first set of dryer sheets. The process sort of mushes the dryer sheets together so you have a firmer fabric. I'm using it with a Big Shot
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Argh! I'm dying to try this and I'm out of dryer sheets. I hate picking all those little pieces out of the intricate dies. Guess I better go watch it again with the sound on. Think I missed something. ;)
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Thankyou Debi. I'll put Dryer Sheets on the shopping list.
Kathryn.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I'm going to get some more this afternoon, too.... going to try some cheap ones and see if they work as well....

Last night I was cutting some of these crosses and ALL of those tiny pieces stuck to the dryer sheet... I think it IS life altering!! LOL

Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Wow, thanks Pam C for the tip. I was up until after midnight trying this technique. Works great! Think I'll cut some more this morning. I tend to avoid using my delicate dies because I just hate poking out all the bits. Don't have to using the dryer sheets.

It does leave a film or slight stickeyness (for the lack of a better word) on the plates. Not a bad thing though because I think it will wash off if it builds up. It may not on all brands but did on mine.

I cut some leaves the normal way and they didn't show the embossing very well. So I used the dryer sheet method and the embossing came out beautifully. Works like a rubber mat in that situation.

Love tips that make life easier. Pulling out the dies and cutting some for my stash,
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I think you have sold me!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have been using the dryer sheets for some time. I actually think I was using them along with the foil over at the Outer Banks when we were there. Really does a nice job and yes they do cut into the dryer sheets but you can get a couple of uses out of them.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Can I just say LIFE ALTERING!!!!! Finally, got my dryer sheets and yesterday got out my drawer of scraps and went to town. These are all dies that I spend time picking and poking and sometimes tearing the diecut and often just give up. Especially, the doily die from hell (Nancy knows what I'm talking about). Now, I'm not saying that it was perfect with that particular die, but it did release from the die every time and with some picking and poking I got almost perfect cuts; it also takes 6 layers of dryer sheet plus 4 pieces of shim paper, but I think it has finally become a usable die. The rest of them all worked like a dream with just the 4 layers, no sticking and no poking. I'm in LOVE!
Attachments
OrnateWindowsDie.jpg
OrnateWindowsDie.jpg (129.05 KiB) Viewed 260 times
DoilyDie.jpg
DoilyDie.jpg (71.42 KiB) Viewed 260 times
EvergreenSprigsDie.jpg
EvergreenSprigsDie.jpg (89.69 KiB) Viewed 260 times
nancine

Post by nancine »

I am so glad you got that die to work for you Rachelle! Indeed it was/is the die from hell! You really shouldn't have to work so hard!

I need to pick up some more unscented dryer sheets.