Northwest Storm

azemigh

Re: Northwest Storm

Post by azemigh »

We made it to Corvallis with no incidents. We could see the huge storm chasing us though and it hit about 3 hours after we got here. Just poured all evening and night. Down to a medium drizzle right now, but we're expecting more throughout the day. We are expecting our new car to arrive at the dealer this morning so hopefully there will be a lull sometime today or tomorrow to go pick it up. In the meantime....College Football! Go Cougs! and Ok we'll root for the Huskies today too. ;)
Monica

Post by Monica »

It's damp and drizzly outside but that's it at the moment. I'm thinking soup but I need to run to the store to do that, so we'll see if it actually happens. :lol:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Glad to hear you're both OK. Hopefully this will calm down later today. I think that a lot of it went north of you.

There's a Dr. Who marathon on today - perfect TV for a rainy day. ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

So there is. :) I turned it on and DH made a comment about it being 'old Who'. :roll: I explained... again.. that old Who would be the first few Doctors, not Matt Smith!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Glad our further north gals are alright. Our storm hit around 11am and it poured steadily until about 3pm yesterday. Happily no rain this morning so my birding field trip was a successful go. But we are in for it again late this afternoon or evening. Naturally we are going to a birthday party but it's only about 20 minutes away from us.

Speaking of birthdays, I spent the whole rainy day and long into the night making my "birthday card" which I will post shortly. It was the perfect stormy day project.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I hope So Cal is getting some of the rain - they need it desperately.
Pam P.

paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Certainly no Matthew but look what's about to hit as we leave for a party...oh wait, it's here.
Attachments
IMG_0083.JPG
IMG_0083.JPG (115.35 KiB) Viewed 288 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Oh my!
Try to have fun despite the rain. I hope it's a good soaking rain.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Hang on to your hat Farley!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Fortunately the hostess had tents up in her backyard. We sat out there comfortably protected during a windy downpour for about an hour. No one cared. Everyone was having too much fun. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Thank goodness the rain didn't shut the party down!
Pam P.

troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Farley so very glad you were able to enjoy the get together. That is one smart hostess.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

troublesmom wrote:Farley so very glad you were able to enjoy the get together. That is one smart hostess.

I'll have to tell you the whole story of the tents. She ordered the tents knowing it would rain. The installers arrived with the tents but the tents had NO sides to them! She had been very specific of what she wanted and what was expected and agreed upon by the company. But sorry, no sides left. So she and her kids (all adults) went to Home Depot and bought sheets of heavy plastic and taped up their own sides. She even created a hallway leading from one tent to the other so no one would get wet. The wind last night assured sideways rain and we would not have been able to be out there. One tent was for the food and cooking by a SIL, the caterer, and the other for dining equipped with twinkling lights all around the perimeter. It really was festive and dry.

The storm continues today with steady, heavy rain since mid morning....it's now nearly 2 and still going. I really want to do some food shopping...icko.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

hope everyone is safe now
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Monica

Post by Monica »

We had record rainfall, but that's it. Even the high winds we were supposed to get didn't really materialize. DH took an airplane out for a flight yesterday because it was so nice.