Fun Day of Beading

paddlegal

Fun Day of Beading

Post by paddlegal »

Today is my regular weekly paper crafting day at the LSS. One of my friends taught us this amazingly easy bracelet. The first photo is what we made with her instruction. She generously provided all supplies for us. We all made one and we're so pleased with our new bracelets. So tonight I couldn't wait to dig through my stash of beads and findings and apply this technique with what I had. (Dare I say my bead collection is vast...started collecting beads when I was 16!) The last two photos are of what I made tonight. Highly addictive.
Attachments
IMG_1325.JPG
IMG_1325.JPG (183.67 KiB) Viewed 631 times
IMG_1324.JPG
IMG_1324.JPG (105.27 KiB) Viewed 631 times
IMG_1323.JPG
IMG_1323.JPG (137.84 KiB) Viewed 631 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
katymjo

Re: Fun Day of Beading

Post by katymjo »

What a fun day! Your bracelets look great and it's interesting to see how the same technique can look totally different depending on your choice of beads. I've never tried beading, but I can see how it could become addictive!
Kathryn.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That looks like a fun technique. Very clever, makes me want to get out the beads!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Very pretty. I honestly don't think I could bead with my old eyes. I tried for fifteen minute to put a piece of waxed Linen through a wood veneer bead on Saturday. Finally gave up.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

My old eyes struggle with detail work anymore now too, but this looks like something I might be able to manage.

Farley - are those separator rings just colored jump rings? Are they metal? I've never seen jump rings in any non-metallic looking colors. I love that design, and I'll bet I could make something similar without buying any new supplies, assuming those are jump rings and I've got enough large ones. Though, I do have some colored wire, and I could probably just make my own jump rings out of that.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

very pretty
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Monica

Post by Monica »

Julie, if you have alcohol inks or markers you can color silver jump rings too. ;)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Good point! Would those things rub off on skin though?

I liked the ones she showed with the plastic-y looking rings between. That's why I was so curious about them.
Julie Fugina
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

jfugina wrote:Good point! Would those things rub off on skin though?

I liked the ones she showed with the plastic-y looking rings between. That's why I was so curious about them.

Julie those rings are actually colored metal. I have a little bag of metallic ones also I am looking forward to using when I find the right bead to go with them. Any size jump ring will work with the right size bead. The other thing to consider is the size of cord being able to go through the bead's hole. I am going to try Tiger Tail next and see if that can work also. Once you learn this easy technique you'll see that there a loads of possibilities with different size beads and rings.

I also found a tutorial and started a new thread here with a link for it.

I stopped at a Hobby Lobby today and picked up bags of various metal jump rings in different sizes. HL is having a 50% off most of their jewelry supplies this week.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I love them! Love them.

Don't hit me - does anyone remember the little Martian on Bugs Bunny? Do the triangles on the second bracelet remind you of him?
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

pamcook wrote:I love them! Love them.

Don't hit me - does anyone remember the little Martian on Bugs Bunny? Do the triangles on the second bracelet remind you of him?
Yes! His eyes. I had to go back and look at it again.

I love both of the bracelets, but the more somber one really appeals to me. Good heavens, I may have to take up beading. :-o
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Great bracelets, Farley! Both are gorgeous, although your colourful one appeals to my sense of aesthetic. And thanks for providing the tut; I definitely would have to shop for the appropriate supplies for this which I'm not planning to do, but I have a friend who does some beading and I think she'll like this project as well.

Keitha
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

These look like fun and fast to whip up. Love them! And thanks for the link to the tut. Some other fun things to try there too.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I love these bracelets! I'm surprised that those colored rings are metal, but it's good to know. I may need to pick up some of those for my stash. I don't do beading enough to keep a massive hoard of stuff, but those look like they ought to be considered "staples". :-)
Julie Fugina
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Farley, they are all really pretty. When I can get to my beading supplies, long story, I think
I'll have to try one. I probably have everything I'll need. Haven't watched the tut yet but will. I love making jewelry.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage