Pam C - water

clamscrapper

Pam C - water

Post by clamscrapper »

Pam, is the water situation in Chapel Hill affecting you at home? I sure hope not. How is it affecting the hospital's water supply?

Brief explanation that Pam can be more specific in the details. There has been a water main break in Pam's area and residents and business can't use the water or have no water.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
pamcook

Re: Pam C - water

Post by pamcook »

Luckily we in Durham. Our mail is delivered by Chapel Hill so that's why we have sChapel Hill address.
The hospital is greatly affected and it's a dangerous situation for staff & patients. They're trucking in tankers of water for toilets and patient care. All restaurants and hotels are closed. They closed the mall yesterday. The most important thing in the world is that they move the game to Greensboro. The University is closed as well as the school system.
If they aren't able to resolve it as soon as they predict, it will cause shortages in neighboring systems attempting to provide back up while they build their storage. People who say they have wells and don't have to worry are just stupid. There's no water for fire fighting and everyone is at risk for disease outbreaks.
We couldn't use water for handwashing or toilets yesterday afternoon but our boss never once contacted us for directions or to show concern. Needless to say, we both rushed straight home after work!
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Yep... lots of folks don't realize that municipal water is important whether you're using it for drinking, or not... Before we had county water, our trucks had to draft from nearby water sources... yep... saltwater with grasses, etc. in it... but you can't do that with a truck unless it's outfitted for that purpose... so... wow... big city with minimal fire suppression... hope they get things fixed quickly!! And hope they keep trucking water in!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Thanks Pam for the update. Glad your home supply is ok at this point. I wasn't sure what system you are on. I did hear this morning about the hospital. That's a dangerous situation. Hopefully they can get it resolved quickly.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

OMGosh Pam! I looked up the situation and I see there is a state of emergency. I should hope so! Thank goodness your home is not immediately affected and I hope it stays that way. I see they are moving the game to Sunday now thinking that the water should be clean again by this afternoon. That's some impressive cleaning up by the water treatment plant.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

If it's up and running by Monday, it'll be a miracle. It takes 48 hours for the water cultures to come back. There's a lot of stretching the truth happening. If you listen carefully to officials and have a background in water treatment (Joel), you realize they're telling people what they want to hear. The numbers aren't adding up.
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Update - they're allowing folks to use water but asking for people to use as little as possible. Amazing but not so far as a miracle. Again, not adding up but who am I?
Pam Cook #48