Need a bit of motivation

pamcook

Need a bit of motivation

Post by pamcook »

Those of you who have attended re(create) events and those who haven't - I'm trying to come up with words/images that come to mind when you remember of think about our events. I want to gather embellishments & images together for when I work on those pages. I keep coming up with the same old, same old.
Page titles would be helpful, too.
Thanks!
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Re: Need a bit of motivation

Post by Keitha »

Hmmm, do you mean words/titles for pages about your artistic pursuits there, or photos from touring around? So far I've just scrapped a few pages from my one visit: Cape Hatteras Light, Sand & Sea, They Laugh (laughing gulls), Hoofprints in the Sand (wild horses) - but you could use Footprints or Toes in the Sand. I also did a card that says Free Spirit.

Random words/titles:
Get Artsy, Get Your Art On, Come Away, Stuck Like Glue, Same Time Next Year, Looney Dunes, Makin' Waves, Sea Vista
Beach, Sand, Sea, Surf, Light, Dunes, Shells, Oceanfront, Coastal, Tradition, Friends, Treasure

Check your Thickers word sets; at a glance I've got packages of Dream, Dear Lizzy Royal and Dear Lizzy Hello which all have words appropriate for various titles.

Given the Blackbeard connection, you could use pirate-themed words, paper or embellishments - even if your page has nothing to do with Blackbeard or pirates directly. At least I could, LOL. Blackbeard renamed the ship he stole for himself "Queen Anne's Revenge". Might be able to do something with that. Also, a phrase I came across in reference to his story was "A Life of War and Roguery" - I like the word 'roguery' and might try to do something with that.

Don't know if any of this is helpful or not.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It's extremely helpful!
Speaking of pirates, was surprised at the lack of pirate "stuff" in Ocracoke.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I'll have to look at my dies for you. I've got a couple sets of Tim Holtz's words. And I have a bunch of seashore related stuff, too. I can send you some photos of them.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Thanks!
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Google any word that relates to our week-beach, shell, girlfriend, lighthouse, drinks, food-with the word "quotes" then look on Images.

I saw lots of good ones but since I'm on google.co.uk I'm not adding a link.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Maybe I've been think too specific to our group.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I certainly bought my share of pirate-themed product with three grandsons; unfortunately none of them were ever interested in pirates. I've purged most of it now. I do recall getting into one store in my travels with Carol and Debbie down there that had some pirate-themed souvenirs; not sure if I picked anything up or not.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

They have a jamboree in October... maybe I'll have to go down there and check things out...

https://www.facebook.com/events/298885243841483/

but some of the tourist-trap gift shops should have some pirate stuff for sale.... Jolly Roger flags, cutlasses, pieces of eight.... I remember decades ago when we went down there on a vacation, I bought a little stuffed pirate doll... he was my fave souvenir!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I bought some pirate souvenirs there for my grandson Jak.