Mesa Scrapbook Expo and Stamp Convention

Debbie J

Mesa Scrapbook Expo and Stamp Convention

Post by Debbie J »

I just finished a great weekend with the expo here in Mesa. There were 57 vendors and lots of door prizes and make and takes, etc. I had a really good time. I met up with Diana Enns there for a couple of hours but she just had surgery and wasn't feeling too good so she left early. I had a really fun time making the make and takes and walking around the Convention Center a 100 times looking at different things. Here are some photos of the make and takes and I have a ton of other photos I will share to this same thread of ideas for cards, etc.

The first photo is a card I made at Art Impressions, a tag from Art Anthology, and at the Creative Center I made this flour sack dish towel that we stenciled with archival inks. The next photo is a canvas with this fall theme I think was Creative Memories. Next are 2 cool pendants I made one on Friday and one today at Craft Fantastic. It was a lot of fun and had a good time.
Attachments
MAKEXPO.jpg
MAKEXPO.jpg (178.22 KiB) Viewed 543 times
MAKCM.jpg
MAKCM.jpg (184.9 KiB) Viewed 543 times
MAKAA.jpg
MAKAA.jpg (194.15 KiB) Viewed 543 times
Debbie J

Re: Mesa Scrapbook Expo and Stamp Convention

Post by Debbie J »

and.....Club Scrap was there so I did a make and take on Friday and one today. Tricia was there and was giving classes but she also did one of these make and takes. She remembered me. Couldn't remember my name but knew my face, and asked me if my husband had recently passed away. Everybody there was very nice. Same formula for both layouts. I can't remember where I did the Disney one but it was fun too.
Attachments
MATMickey.jpg
MATMickey.jpg (164.25 KiB) Viewed 541 times
MATCS2.jpg
MATCS2.jpg (105.78 KiB) Viewed 541 times
MATCS1.jpg
MATCS1.jpg (96.46 KiB) Viewed 541 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Ahhh. Envy you. My sis and I did the one in Phoenix two years ago. Great times!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

That looks awesome! We have a stamp expo about an hour away (in Ill) that I still get postcards for, but it's relatively small, and after a couple of years, there really wasn't anything new to see. I wish scrapbooking was more popular close to me and we could have events like yours. That looked like so much fun!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Debbie your projects look fabulous and it sounds like a really fun time! I'm putting 'visit a scrapbook expo' on my bucket list!
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

glad you had such a great time
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Awesome make&takes.... maybe we need a scrapbook retreat at Debbie's place next year right about now... LOL

I like the tea towel.... what archival ink did you use? A fabric ink or just a regular kind of ink? and then do you need to heat set it first?
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I miss the old CKCs. They were fun - strangely enough Beth and I were both at the same one before we "met" on CS.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Debi, it was Adriondack (sp?) archival ink and we heat set it after we stenciled. It was really hard getting into the Creative Center make and takes. There were 12 chairs and at times there were 4 and 5 people standing in line behind the 12 chairs for the next make and take. They did different ones each time and I noticed a couple people had a system where they would stand behind their partners chair and then switch with each other after the make and take was done and this went on all day. That didn't seem fair to me, if everyone did that only 24 people would be involved in the process all day. The lady, Lorraine, who was one of the instructors said next year they are implementing a "ticket" procedure for the Creative Center make and takes, probably because of people like that. If I did a make and take on Friday and the vendor had a different make and take on Saturday I always asked if it was ok to do another and they all said yes, but I didn't sit there all day doing their make and takes.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Keitha wrote:Debbie your projects look fabulous and it sounds like a really fun time! I'm putting 'visit a scrapbook expo' on my bucket list!
Keitha, I'm taking reservations at Debbie's Bed and Breakfast for next year! Lol, seriously any of you are welcome anytime. This year I didn't do any crops or classes because I wasn't familiar with the whole process, but I definitely will next year. Some of the girls I talked to made some great projects. At one class they made like 15 pendants, earrings, keychains over 40 pieces for 50.00. Great little gifts. Club Scrap had several classes which I wouldn't take because I already know their system. They did ALSB and Greeting to Go and several others. I don't know who is familiar with Heartfelt Creations but they gave card classes and those cards were phenomenal, beyond beautiful with beautiful hand make flowers. I will for sure do that, I also won a 20.00 credit to their booth and promptly spent that and a lot more!! :shock:
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

How fun! The CKC's were fun in the early days. At the end, they were just sad. Still, it was fun to have all those supplies to choose from.

I hope the women who were so rude actually bought stuff. The folks who work those booths have to have the patience of Job.

Your projects are all so nice! Say hello to Dianna. I hope she feels better soon.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

Sounds like an absolute blast! For a few years I was going to the CKC in Seattle, to meet up with Yoli and Nancie Wood and have a girls' weekend of fun. I've taken many classes from the Heartfelt Creations team... they were always a favorite of mine. I haven't gone for a couple years now because the last time I went it was disappointing in the lack of vendors and good classes, but it was always something I looked forward to before.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I sure miss Nancie & Yoli both. Has anyone heard from either of them?
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Debbie... that necklace company was at the Stamp thing I went to last Fall with Peggy up in Virginia.... and I bought a package to make a dozen or so more.... made them and gave them to all the ladies on my hall at work... and one for my boss...

Hmmm... guess I set the bar up there a bit... need to come up with a cool crafty idea for this Christmas... LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

pamcook wrote:I sure miss Nancie & Yoli both. Has anyone heard from either of them?
Not directly, no. Yoli hasn't even posted on FB in a while. I think life got too busy for her and something had to give. As for Nancie, she is active on FB, busy with her grandbaby and family.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin