Summer Trip

ChristyB

Summer Trip

Post by ChristyB »

So we are planning Maya's Graduation trip for June.

Looks like we will be a week in Spain, Gibraltar & Andorra
then a week in Morocco.

We even will be taking cooking classes in Morocco.
I am ready to go NOW.

Anyone ever been? Tips, ideas?
pbp908

Re: Summer Trip

Post by pbp908 »

The only idea that I have is that you let me stowaway in someone's luggage. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I've been to Madrid, Cordova, Seville, Torremolinas and Barcelona! The best trip ever@!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pbp908 wrote:The only idea that I have is that you let me stowaway in someone's luggage. :lol:

Ummmm
We are only allowed to fly carry on. Steve feels there is no need to pack more than you can carry in a small suitcase. :roll:
Monica

Post by Monica »

ChristyB wrote:
pbp908 wrote:The only idea that I have is that you let me stowaway in someone's luggage. :lol:
Ummmm
We are only allowed to fly carry on. Steve feels there is no need to pack more than you can carry in a small suitcase. :roll:
And how much additional baggage do you end up bringing home then?
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Sounds like great fun, Christy, except it will be stinking hot in the Summer. Ray is going to Morocco next month on an Intrepid tour preceded by a tour in Egypt. He did an Intrepid Tour to India last winter and really liked their small group size and offbeat excursions instead of just the normal tourist stuff.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

mpizzazz wrote:Sounds like great fun, Christy, except it will be stinking hot in the Summer. Ray is going to Morocco next month on an Intrepid tour preceded by a tour in Egypt. He did an Intrepid Tour to India last winter and really liked their small group size and offbeat excursions instead of just the normal tourist stuff.

That is what Steve keeps talking about, the heat. Unfortunately with some still in school the main time we can take long trips is the Summer.
But looking at what normal temps are at the time we are going they are comparable to what we have in the middle of summer.
We are using a London based company to organize our stuff, most of it is off the beaten path as well and our group size is the 4 of us. Most of what we are doing is with locals etc.
The only thing that is "touristy" is our accomadations. We are staying in Riads instead of chain hotels but my only request is that they have AC. I can handle heat, just not when I am in bed.

I think this will be a good learning experience for the girls. Taking them out of their comfort zone for suer. Unlike any place we have traveled to before.

I would LOVE to go to Egypt. I think April did that years ago. Her pictures were breathtaking.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Monica wrote:
ChristyB wrote:
Ummmm
And how much additional baggage do you end up bringing home then?

Still carry on.

The ONLY time we have have ever checked bags was coming back from Germany and we had a stupid car seat we had to buy while over there.
Steve's philosophy is that he backpacked around Europe for a month with only his back pack. We can travel 2 or less weeks with a small suitcase.
Never mind that he was in his early 20s at the time AND IS A BOY. :roll:
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

That trip sounds absolutely amazing! I would love to do something like that after each of my kids graduates!

I think Steve would appreciate the way I travel. I guess I travel more like a boy. :lol: As long as laundry facilities aren't too scarce, I could easily get by for 3 weeks with just a carry-on or backpack. Most of my space would be taken up by only one spare pair of shoes. I don't wear makeup, and all I need for my hair is a wide-tooth comb and something to pull my hair back with. I don't have any allergies, so I can live with any soap/shampoo/etc provided by a hotel. My entire sundry bag is a toothbrush, travel toothpaste, and my eye drops for glaucoma. Four sets of undergarments and two each of a top and bottom and one hoodie for layering is all I'd need. Of course, that assumes that I don't intend to dine anywhere that has a dress code - that immediately blows the whole thing.

I've never been to any of the places you listed, so I have no advice, other than to ENJOY EVERY MINUTE!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

ChristyB wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:Sounds like great fun, Christy, except it will be stinking hot in the Summer. Ray is going to Morocco next month on an Intrepid tour preceded by a tour in Egypt. He did an Intrepid Tour to India last winter and really liked their small group size and offbeat excursions instead of just the normal tourist stuff.

That is what Steve keeps talking about, the heat. Unfortunately with some still in school the main time we can take long trips is the Summer.
But looking at what normal temps are at the time we are going they are comparable to what we have in the middle of summer.
We are using a London based company to organize our stuff, most of it is off the beaten path as well and our group size is the 4 of us. Most of what we are doing is with locals etc.
The only thing that is "touristy" is our accomadations. We are staying in Riads instead of chain hotels but my only request is that they have AC. I can handle heat, just not when I am in bed.

I think this will be a good learning experience for the girls. Taking them out of their comfort zone for suer. Unlike any place we have traveled to before.

I would LOVE to go to Egypt. I think April did that years ago. Her pictures were breathtaking.
I forget, you know what heat is like all the time in the Summer. Maybe over there it will be a 'dry' heat, ha ha!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

It does sound like an amazing trip! The only way I will ever go to any of those places is through your photos. Looking forward to seeing them.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

What an amazing trip. Sounds like you have a lot already planned out - so just enjoy!
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

sounds like a wonderful trip
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois