stupid co-worker

nchoney

stupid co-worker

Post by nchoney »

Couldn't stay out of our office last week even though she was coughing. Kept saying she wasn't sick. It was just a cough after a plane ride back from her trip to Turks & caicos for her parents' vow renewal. Of course she's out sick after that day. And Jordie and I both have the head and chest crud and are missing work because of her stupidity. I kept asking her to take her cough back to her office. She made two other people on our hall sick too. A little Typhoid Mary.

Why do people who are sick keep trying to convince everyone that they're not? And why do they keep sharing?

And there's still work I've needed to do. Just had to do it from home in between coughing spasms!!

Ok. Had to vent. Still feel like death warmed over but feel better than I have since Friday night. Hope it's gone soon!!

Hope none if you catch it!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Monica

Re: stupid co-worker

Post by Monica »

I know that one. When I've been coughing and had to come into work I've isolated myself in my office, kept a bottle of Lysol disinfectant handy, and done my level best to avoid everyone else except where absolutely necessary.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Yikes.

You all should keep face procedure masks , think dental office, in your offices. Kindly hand them to the offending party ;) or wear yourself. I'm serious. We wear them a lot due to Greg. He wears heavy duty mask at work. I sleep with one a lot, because I've been sick for what seems forever! Darn head and chest and cough conditions. Do not want to infect Greg more than we might be already.

Wipes and hand sanitizer are your friends. lol

Get well people. :D
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Hope you’re better soon. It is so very annoying.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

For those of you who may have flu-like symptoms: Black Elderberry Syrup and Oscillococcinum. I have friends in Scotland and England who swear by this. Thankfully we haven't needed it yet.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

I diffuse essential oils in my office and at home, have apple cider vinegar to take, do a sinus rinse... all those daily things that actually help me avoid a lot of crap that goes around and also lessens my allergies.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I’m so sorry Debi. People like that should be sent packing until their symptoms are gone. It’s just so selfish and inconsiderate.

Hope your recovery is a quick one.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Monica wrote:I diffuse essential oils in my office and at home, have apple cider vinegar to take, do a sinus rinse... all those daily things that actually help me avoid a lot of crap that goes around and also lessens my allergies.

I use essential oils at home and in my classroom. Have for the last 2 years and no one from my homeroom has been out sick. Flu has been bad around here, but thankfully Steve and I have not been. I also take at least a tablespoon of local (from our bees) honey everyday.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Apparently the others on my hall are at work and sick. One of them has a sick baby now too. I'm sure the person who started this ball rolling won't ever make the connection.

Can't fix stupid, I guess.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
Monica

Post by Monica »

nchoney wrote:Can't fix stupid, I guess.
Technically, you can... but pretty much every method is illegal in the US. :lol:
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Monica wrote:
nchoney wrote:Can't fix stupid, I guess.
Technically, you can... but pretty much every method is illegal in the US. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Feel Better!

Maya missed all last week of school with it (and is still coughing) Ry hasn't gone this week. I am disinfecting everything in sight.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Feel better soon! trying to keep away from everything is so difficult.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Whatever that cough is that's going around - it's brutal! Rob had it and was out of the office for a week. This was a month ago, and the cough still lingers. He said that there was really only one day that he felt bad out of all of that, but he never had a fever or body aches - just really awful congestion. Thankfully, none of the rest of my house ever got it. I'm sure me not getting it has everything to do with him wearing a CPAP at night. But I'm surprised the kids have avoided it thus far, given all of the door knobs and TV remotes that were never sterilized.

Feel better Debi! I'm with you that people shouldn't come to work when they are sick. But I also know that sometimes it's difficult to tell a cold or a flu from irritants or allergies that first day. I've often had a dry throat (resulting in a cough) after a plane ride that never develops into anything, and without a fever, I'm sure I'd have come to work too. And if I've been out sick for a day or two and am down to trying to get rid of excess gunk, I come to work and just apologize for the noise :tomato: . I know plenty of folks who stay home when they're feeling anything less than 100%, and when those folks have work that falls to me to cover, that's pretty irritating too.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Staying home and resting did the trick for the most part.... I still have a little of the cough... but not like the rest of the crew on this hallway. Good grief.... she infected everyone, pretty much. One good thing.... it's in the 70s around here so lovely weather for getting some fresh air and blowing away germs!!!
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts