Have a good weekend

pamcook

Have a good weekend

Post by pamcook »

I hope to get my potatoes planted and my garden under mulch. I have 3 layouts swirling in my head. Maybe they’ll get completed?
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Re: Have a good weekend

Post by troublesmom »

I transplanted a few of my daylilies today, tomorrow morning we are headed to the beach to enjoy the warm weather while it is here. Actually I want to see the birds more than lay on the beach. We will head to Huntington State Park and see if we see any alligators again.

I also need to finish up my spring cards for the swap.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Still definitely winter here, although the milder weather has melted quite a bit of the snow. The goldfinches are starting to get their breeding plumage, and there've been sightings here of red-winged blackbirds - still mighty chilly for those boys. I have a pair of mourning doves partaking of the buffet under the feeders but suspect they over-wintered here; the ones that migrate don't typically come back before March sometime.
Started my weekend yesterday with a matinee showing of Game Night, very funny. Today I'll drop into my local birding store to visit the hawks and falcons from a nearby raptor centre which is a rehab/education facility, then on to a hair appt. Tomorrow morning is a fundraiser breakfast for one of the kid's baseball teams, an opportunity to catch up with a couple friends. Hoping to manage some time to get messy in between all that.
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Open my windows today. I'm ready to get out and dig too. Hoping to get my raised garden beds made this week. Have a load of top soil coming this week to fill the boxes.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

It's bright and sunny here, but a cold wind. The early Spring bulbs are flowering in the garden, lots of snowdrops and clumps of these little Irises.
Kathryn.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (208.23 KiB) Viewed 295 times
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Those flowers are beautiful!
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

beautiful flowers
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Keitha wrote:Still definitely winter here, although the milder weather has melted quite a bit of the snow. The goldfinches are starting to get their breeding plumage, and there've been sightings here of red-winged blackbirds - still mighty chilly for those boys. I have a pair of mourning doves partaking of the buffet under the feeders but suspect they over-wintered here; the ones that migrate don't typically come back before March sometime.

Keitha same here with our American Goldfinches. They are starting to yellow up and now I can tell the boys from the girls. Plus they are inhaling the thistle in my feeder. Interesting how the birds you mentioned (Red-winged BB and doves) are year round birds here.

Our nights are in the low 30s and very little rain so far. Boo.

My weekend started yesterday also. We went up to Folsom to see our grandson Nathaniel to give him the LEGO card and his gifts. He loved the card but really loved the actual Legos as did his Uncle Charley. It was nice that Charley had time to go with us yesterday and play with both Nathaniel and Vanessa...she had to show him all of her Princess friends, LOL.

And yes, at some point I WILL scrap this. :roll:
Attachments
41AAA053-1ED2-41D7-9D24-A5EFAB247A23.jpeg
41AAA053-1ED2-41D7-9D24-A5EFAB247A23.jpeg (139.75 KiB) Viewed 291 times
FARLEY in Sacramento