One more day in May!

Trixie

Re: One more day in May!

Post by Trixie »

Does it have to be one each 24 hours or just 30 in June?
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I'm not promising to post one every day. But I Will do my best to post thirty.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Trixie wrote:Does it have to be one each 24 hours or just 30 in June?
Great question. Hm. My idea was for one per 24 hours (cause I need a reason to scrapbook every day for 30 days!) but if you past 30 pages this month - Girlfriend! I would be thrilled to see 30 of your layouts this month! So, that was a long answer, wasn't it? If you can't do one each day, then 30 layouts/individual cards/art journal pages in the month of June is the next best thing! You know how I hate rules, right? I'm going to throw one in the mix - these have to be items you've created this month. My goal is to get you to be creative this month.
Pam Cook #48
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

I found my mojo at the beach and have been successful keeping it up. This challenge would be even more inspiration, but I have a wedding coming up his weekend and I am tied up both for the rehearsal on Friday and the wedding on Saturday. I know I cannot make anything either day, but If I could do two on another day... I don't want to make you change the rules and, truth be told, it will probably take me longer to post the things than to make them... Maybe if I try it with the iPad.... Hmmm...

I am not committing, but I am thinking about it.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I'm feeling a little bit like I'm cheating because I'm starting with nekkid assembled layouts, some of which were made YEARS ago. But I am finding photos, creating and attaching embellishments and writing journaling. So that's as creative as I can get. Again, I am not promising to post one every day. But even if I end up calling a two pager two separate layouts, I'll do my best to post thirty. For me, the personal goal is, like Pam, to do something creative every day in June.

And on that note, as I was rushing through a layout on my desk, I was thinking Pam is such a "devil woman." What was I thinking to agree to go along with this crazy idea?
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I don't think that's cheating! You are getting photos on the pages, that's what counts!
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Thank you.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I should have posted this a few days ago.
In the bedroom where I scrap, I have the photos and kits I plan to use this month all spread out on the bed. I pulled out stamp sets I've wanted to use and have never used, thickers for titles, and embellishments. Yesterday I remembered some PL cards I bought for beach photos - so they're now out where I see them. As I come across products I want to use this month, they're being added to the mix. After making my pages, the scraps go in one pile so my desk is relatively clean when I get home from work. Tonight should be a scrap page - I have an idea to use a bunch of those scraps tonight so that pile doesn't become unmanageable.
This morning, I thought of a technique I've wanted to try and had an idea for Farley's vellum challenge so I wrote those ideas on post it notes to stick on top of my paper trimmer. I want to incorporate those ideas onto a page sometime this month. We'll see if that happens or if I just end up making some cards.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Can't wait to see your vellum spin Pam! That's great that you can spread out all your future pages that way. Hmmm...our dining room table is still at full length from graduation....hmmm.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

It is a big help being organized! I've got all my pages and photos pretty much ready to go. This challenge has been good for me to get off my butt and scrap these photos!
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I am ashamed to tell all of you that I found a huge stack of layouts that are basically complete except for a post-it saying, "need titles or journaling". I am pathetic.

But it does mean that I should have no trouble finishing thirty layouts this month. This summer, in fact.

Loving this LOAD idea.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Yea Jen!! Finish them up!!
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Titles always stump me. I can never think of anything clever. I do the whole page and set it aside to think about a title. Then it never gets one.
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Titles are the worst. I use those big Thicker words when I have them - sometimes bit stickers or even PL cards. I know that not all pages need titles but I like them - that is, after I've come up with something.
Pam Cook #48