Rapid-fire challenges - Day 1

mpizzazz

Re: Rapid-fire challenges - Day 1

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:You of all people never stamped THAT stamp??? :lol: I like the looks of it so far. Great colors.
What Farley said! Even I've inked that stamp!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Ok, before I got started into something else this morning, I used these 3 little sets and a few stamps from other sets. These tags will go into my Aussie journal, days and dates to be added as I use them.

Pam, you will also be pleased to know that I hadn't unpacked the Aussie journal supplies since I took it to OBX in May. I found things I forgot I bought or picked up from the RAK table! :lol:
Attachments
P1200259.JPG
P1200259.JPG (180.72 KiB) Viewed 343 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
nancine

Post by nancine »

really Jen??? :shock:

Marianne those are fantastic for your journal - what a super idea!
Next time I go on a trip I might have to make some of those! I sure did like keeping my journal when we did the Yellowstone trip.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Marianne! Great idea. Those pieces are so nice. They would work well for any of your travels.

Here's mine. I printed the Bible verse and left it on my desk at work. It will go where I hand scribble a place market so I could post this tonight. There will be a tag hidden behind the picture with the names and details (colors, church name, and location). I should mention that this is Joel's parents' wedding in 1951. Aunt Betty (matron of honor) wore gold satin and the other ladies wore turquoise satin. Hence the pops of turquoise and gold.

Formerly pristine stamps are the dahlias. Design is lifted from one on the Altenew blog. I've had this picture for ten years. Paralyzed by perfectionism. So sad. I have to say, I really love this page. The gold and black heat embossing are so worth the time. I'll post another picture with the verse tomorrow night.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (136.85 KiB) Viewed 333 times
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Not the best ATCs I've ever made, but done is done and I need to rearrange my thinking into small.

Bonnie gave me the fairy stamps this summer, so that's the A of Hearts - Anything That Flies. Fairies fly, right? "I Always Get My Man" is the 6 of Clubs - Cowgirls. Lucy is the 10 of Spades - Vintage Women. I may have used the stamp on the Lucy card before, but darned if I remember when. The others were virgins. Two of these were my first attempts at hand coloring black and white images, so be kind. :lol:
ATCs.jpg
ATCs.jpg (125.53 KiB) Viewed 330 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Gorgeous, Pam. Your layout is perfect with the photo.
I'm so glad you will journal about the colors, who, what, when, etc. I always wonder when I look at black and white photos what the colors were.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Pam! I love these cards! Of course fairies fly ( when they're not hiding things from me).
Great job!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Wow, Wow, Wow Pam!!! The gold flowers just add to the elegance and joy of that special occasion. How gorgeous that the attendants wore gold and turquoise...such now colors in 1951.

Pam P...your ATCs are just delightful. Is this a challenge elsewhere?
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Several years ago we started the Deck of Art challenge here. Some people were lagging sadly behind, with a half finished deck. :oops: I didn't feel like making cards so I pulled this out again. Maybe if I do 3 or 4 every year or so my deck will eventually be finished.

Until then ..... wait for it ....... I'm not playing with a full deck of cards. :tomato:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I wonder if anyone completed the whole deck? I'm not sure I did any of them. Maybe I'll go back to see. I knew nothing about basic art supplies back then. Amazing how much I've learned from my PAO sisters.
Pam Cook #48
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I too am not playing with a full deck, but I'm close. I pull those out when I'm tired, frustrated, blocked, whatever... and it usually helps me get my mojo back.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pbp908 wrote:Several years ago we started the Deck of Art challenge here. Some people were lagging sadly behind, with a half finished deck. :oops: I didn't feel like making cards so I pulled this out again. Maybe if I do 3 or 4 every year or so my deck will eventually be finished.

Until then ..... wait for it ....... I'm not playing with a full deck of cards. :tomato:
:lol:

Ok, I thought your project sounded familiar. What a good idea to get the creative juices flowing.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I am multi-tasking every which way to Sunday on this layout. Sketch and stamping idea from Big Picture Classes. I did use an ancient NBUS stamp from Club Scrap's Framed kit for the shutter design. Zig Clean Color pens used to color the design. Fits a PSL challenge at Club Scrap for "getting messy" as well as a Technique Challenge to use Letter Stickers. And the monthly NBUS challenge. YAY to me for using stamps that had never seen ink. Thanks for this challenge, Pam.

In case you are curious, it's a silly selfie my niece made with Snapchat.
Attachments
Selfie Rapid Fire 1.jpg
Selfie Rapid Fire 1.jpg (152.09 KiB) Viewed 308 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Pam, your wedding layout is gorgeous. Perfectly executed.

And Pam, what a great challenge. Deck of Art. I have never even considered such a large challenge.

Marianne, love your trip journal cards. That much, I have attempted.

Again, Pam, thanks for the challenge to push us all a bit.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Jennifer - MEGA BONUS POINTS!!! Great page!

Pam - you deserve a bucket- load of bonus points for working on that Deck challenge.

Marianne - I'll pour some bonus points on you for not unpacking. Hahaha!
Pam Cook #48