Boardwalk

ScrappinJen

Boardwalk

Post by ScrappinJen »

I finished three layouts this weekend for PSL using the Boardwalk kit. You can guess the topics of each since I always think so far out of the box. Anyway, I am actually proud of this first one because it isn't about a boardwalk AND I submitted it at a new site (for me). Truthfully, I have been lurking at CSI for years and years but was always overwhelmed by their challenges and format. When I saw the color challenge for this month, I couldn't pass it up. Nearly identical to the Boardwalk colors. So there you go, it was meant to be. I'm going to try to take their challenge each month. Surely I can manage one layout??? Thanks for looking.
Attachments
Point Loma Boardwalk CSI PAO.jpg
Point Loma Boardwalk CSI PAO.jpg (227.5 KiB) Viewed 766 times
ScrappinJen

Re: Boardwalk

Post by ScrappinJen »

And here are the other two. I have just about killed this kit. Although I bought a few extra sheets because I love it so.......And some extra for card making. Again, because I love it.
Attachments
Sea Swings PAO.jpg
Sea Swings PAO.jpg (146 KiB) Viewed 765 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

And the last one. Chrissie and me on the Boardwalk after Scramp Camp 2012. Miss her much.
Attachments
PSL Chris Santa Cruz Boardwalk Get Messy.jpg
PSL Chris Santa Cruz Boardwalk Get Messy.jpg (142.92 KiB) Viewed 765 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Beautiful pages! You're right - perfect for your pictures.

I tried CSI - don't understand it. I can't even figure out how to unsubscribe! Something I learned about me - I don't "get" websites that use cutesy names for things. I can't even describe what I'm trying to say. :tomato: All that to say Kudos to you for figuring it out!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I know what you mean, Pam. As I said, it took me years to get over that and try to post. Who knows. I probably broke a half dozen of their "laws." But I did it. We shall see what happens.

I never did quite understand why it all had to be so arcane and cutesy at the same time. But I am inspired by many of the results.
nancine

Post by nancine »

Terrific layouts Jen, makes me want to visit the Santa Cruz boardwalk again. It's been years!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

CSI is where my friend Valerie hangs out a lot. She's so darned talented that I'm almost afraid to post there.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Oooh. I'll look for her.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Jen love those layouts! The colors are perfect and match well with your great photos.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Jen these are fabulous. You've been so busy this weekend. The perfect activity for our triple digit weather (again).

I've been trying to remember what the CSI site is and stands for...can't remember. Clue me in please?
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Color, Stories, Inspiration.

http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Good job Jen. They are really nice. That Point Loma boardwalk photo is gorgeous.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:Color, Stories, Inspiration.

http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com

Ah yes, thanks. I recall this site now. Complicated for sure. So much to read and understand.
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Jen, I'm tempted to do a LO according to the current "case file". I must say your LO is by far one of the best I've seen over there. I just spent about 20 minutes looking at the "pro" LOs and most of them look like HOT MESSES to me. :lol:

Case #209 has possibilities that could work for me but yikes...such rules!
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Awwww, gee, thanks.
But I think it's a different style over there. Mine is sort of a mishmash with great ALSB influences. No one wallet photo layouts for me.