Summertime Challenge wk 1

pamcook

Summertime Challenge wk 1

Post by pamcook »

I know it's not officially summer but I grew up where the pools opened on Memorial Day weekend so forever, in my mind, Memorial Day weekend is the start to summer.

This first challenge is to create a layout that documents what you love about summer.
Of course I had NO photos that I wanted to use for summer, so I went with winter and spring for now. The challenge has given me some ideas for pictures to take over the next few weeks. You don't have to do a page about seasons! It can be "what I love about being at the lake...on the river...at the beach...in the mountains..." This challenge is more about the journaling.

Have fun with it!
IMG_2253.JPG
IMG_2253.JPG (154.03 KiB) Viewed 683 times
IMG_2254.JPG
IMG_2254.JPG (183.85 KiB) Viewed 683 times
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Re: Summertime Challenge wk 1

Post by nchoney »

Great challenge! And super examples! Looking forward to some scrapping time this weekend!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I think everyone thinks of summer beginning with this weekend. We always have, especially since we've already had a week of triple digit temps last week! Super LOs and a great challenge.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Great challenge Pam and your layouts are wonderful as usual!

I'm anxious to get back to Az with all my scrapbook things so I can start to participate in these fun challenges! We pick the UHaul up on the 5th and head out on the 6th! House is nearly ready to list and I hope it sells quickly! Sorry about the hijack!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Debbie J wrote:Great challenge Pam and your layouts are wonderful as usual!

I'm anxious to get back to Az with all my scrapbook things so I can start to participate in these fun challenges! We pick the UHaul up on the 5th and head out on the 6th! House is nearly ready to list and I hope it sells quickly! Sorry about the hijack!
I hope it sells quickly and the move is smooth as "buttah"! :happy94:
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

These are lovely layouts, Pam. Definitely they both rank above Summer in my favorite seasons list.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Our long weekend was last weekend - we celebrated Victoria Day on Monday - and that is traditionally considered the start of summer here. Ironic, as our weather is cooler than most of the US and it's certainly not been very summer-y this year yet. So Pam, I've been waiting for these challenges all week, LOL. Kathryn, what's the trigger in the UK?

When I was younger I'd have told you summer was my favourite season - I never minded the heat. But in recent years I have to say that Spring is now my favourite season. However I do love all the fun activities there are to do in summer.
nancine

Post by nancine »

paddlegal wrote:I think everyone thinks of summer beginning with this weekend. We always have, especially since we've already had a week of triple digit temps last week! Super LOs and a great challenge.
Yes - 90s Monday and Tuesday and since then dark, cloudy, overcast, wind, cold. WTH????
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Summer in the UK is whenever you get a week of settled weather with warm sunny days and no rain :P, or three fine days and a thunderstorm! Our weather is so variable, especially here in the north. This weekend is a public holiday and the schools are closed all week for the Half Term break. ( They go on until the last week in July) Heavy showers are forecast!
Kathryn.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I hope folks are taking tons of great photos this weekend!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

It's been so long since I've done a page that it took me 2 days to finish the thing.

This is scraplifted from a Maggie Holmes LO that Pam C and I both pinned. Strangely enough, we both used the same Maggie Holmes paper for this challenge. Go figure. Great minds run in the same track. :lol:
Spring.jpg
Spring.jpg (207.29 KiB) Viewed 618 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Oh Pam I love it! I really like how your journaling forms a border.

That paper is one I never thought I'd use but I've used it on three layouts already.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

The black, white and pink is so elegant, Pam, and I like the touches of yellow in the paper and flower.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Great layouts
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I should have mentioned the sewing - bonus points for that!
Pam Cook #48