Use those stickers!

pamcook

Re: Use those stickers!

Post by pamcook »

paddlegal wrote:
pamcook wrote:It's beautiful and I love how the arrow draws your eye right to the photo. I know what you mean though about photos getting lost in a layout. When that happens, mine usually look better with a solid color matte. Some times, I leave it because I love it.

Hey thanks everyone!

Funny thing Pam about matting the photo. I started out that way with the pink behind it but then I realized (after gluing photo down) on the right side of the photo was the backsides of my husband's ex-wife...hence that green strip blocking her out. :lol: That caused a chain reaction of trying to make that green strip look like it's supposed to be there. From there it went a bit downhill and got even busier. But I'm happy with my efforts and really want to try another "use-it-sticker" LO.
Well, it's beautiful! I'm so proud of you for jumping in this challenge!
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I love it Farley and I don't think it's too busy, she's a cutie too!
nancine

Post by nancine »

wow, you all have really done great on this sticker challenge!
Proud of you all!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Great job ladies! I so want to try this challenge! I need to post a sticky note on my bathroom mirror or something that will remind me. We were out of town this past weekend, and school starts tomorrow, and Nicole and I are headed to girl scout camp this weekend. Next weekend should be far less chaotic, I think.

But yeah, I have so many whole sticker sheets that I can never figure out how to use. This should be great if I can just remember to go do it. :lol:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I tried to use up more of those stickers from the sheet previously shown. Not thrilled with it but it works. 13 stickers used!
Attachments
IMG_3297.jpg
IMG_3297.jpg (132.69 KiB) Viewed 318 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Looks good Farley!!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Debbie J wrote:Looks good Farley!!

Thanks Debbie. I think now I should have put it on a colored or white card stock rather than Kraft. I let the Scrabble letters guide me to Kraft.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

paddlegal wrote:
Debbie J wrote:Looks good Farley!!

Thanks Debbie. I think now I should have put it on a colored or white card stock rather than Kraft. I let the Scrabble letters guide me to Kraft.
Now you're just being hyper-critical! It's so cute and you've used some supplies. Finished. :clap:
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

just saw this over on the scrapbook.com website.... thought it'd fit in with ideas for using up stickers... fun way to use up some of those thickers we've all got

it's not my card.... it's one of theirs from their gallery

Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Someone here (I think it was Deb B) did a layout where she turned a bunch of alpha leftovers into a really cool background. I really love that idea. And that thought actually came to mind when I saw this challenge.

As a side note, my sticker drawer is currently somewhat exploded all over my kitchen, because Nicole said "mom, do you have any stickers that are kind of like tags that I can write my name on?". Duh. :D I knew she didn't need a tag exactly - just something cute to write her name on and stick to her notebooks. Once Nicole was done, Jake wanted to decorate his notebooks too. I probably have about 50 fewer stickers than I had two days ago. I know it doesn't count for this challenge, but I now have a few sticker sheets that would take slightly less effort to kill off. :lol:
Julie Fugina
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Julie that is hilarious but see what a handy mom you are?

I've donated a few sticker items to my boys on occasion as well.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

And your kids will have the coolest notebooks in school!!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

paddlegal wrote:Julie that is hilarious but see what a handy mom you are?

I've donated a few sticker items to my boys on occasion as well.
Yeah, Nicole has actually started to just flat out help herself to some of my stuff on occasion, provided she knows I have it and where it is. I've given her a few "not without permission" lectures (like the Swarovski drawers in my beading supplies), but most of the stuff she wants I'd never miss anyway. About the only thing I tend to notice is that my sewing machine thread rack is pretty bare, and it didn't use to be. :shock: She keeps her sewing machine up in her bedroom, so once she takes a spool, there's a good chance I'm never going to see it again. :lol:
Julie Fugina
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Are you sitting down? Brace yourselves...... I actually made a layout! I had some pictures printed a few weeks ago and am going to try to get them onto pages in a timely manner. Here's the first - my husband and I during a hike at one of our local parks.

These aren't all stickers. Some of them are punch outs, but they're all from a little pack that I picked up at Tuesday morning.
before.jpg
before.jpg (69.02 KiB) Viewed 275 times
after.jpg
after.jpg (58.88 KiB) Viewed 275 times
Tom and Sue.jpg
Tom and Sue.jpg (74.42 KiB) Viewed 275 times
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Good job Sue!! Good to see your smiling face!