Re: July 2012 Scrapbook challenge

Post by Monica »

Beautiful, Cheryl!!!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Pat you did great using all the colors. Love the subject matter also, LOL.

Cheryl, that mask is so pretty and I like how you framed it on each side of the photo of your daughter. Gorgeous colors in the second one.

Well I have to tell you that this was so outside my comfort zone due to the fact that I have relied on ALSB for the last 5 years and before that did no scrapping at all. So in my best 1st time efforts to imitate May Flaum, Shimelle and other arty scrappers, here is my LO. I used mostly Tim papers with some Graphic 45, tissue tape, buttons, stamps, fibers, and for the challenge part I used Ranger Color Wash to splat randomly and also for the stencil on the right side of the page. I thought it had a semi-musical look to it. The edges of the LO are swiped with Picket Fence Distress Stain. This was taken at my son's elementary school talent show when he was 9. He and Bob performed "Return to Sorrento".

FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Very, very cool layout, Farley. I love all the details and embellishment. I want to keep looking at it over and over. There's so much to see. The paper choices are fab and I definitely see the Shimelle and May influences. This is about as far from ALSB as you could travel. Great job!!!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Fabulous, Farley!! ALSB gives you a good foundation from which to explore other scrappy styles until you find your true style, and it helped me to really get a feel for a basic page. You've definitely applied those lessons and expanded beyond. great job! :clap: :clap: :clap:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Ooh my goodness...thank you! This was fun to do and now I am anxious to give another one a try...a more colorful one. I still gravitate towards mud but I love all the fresh new colors I have been making cards with. So now it's time to break out of my "mud hen" style, LOL.
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Farley you did a fantastic job with this. It is so very hard to think "outside" the box. Great photo of the two of them.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

WTG Farley! :greenbounce: :greenbounce:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Paula

Post by Paula »

you rocked it Farley!! :cool5: :cool5: :cool5:
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

troublesmom wrote:I had started this one before the challenge was announced but didn't have it finished. Still not totally sure as to whether it is or not but here is one of our daughter and her sons quite a few years ago. He is married and had 2 children now so you know this is an old one.
Bry Bev.jpg

I can so see you in them. Great lo
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

paddlegal wrote:Pat you did great using all the colors. Love the subject matter also, LOL.

Cheryl, that mask is so pretty and I like how you framed it on each side of the photo of your daughter. Gorgeous colors in the second one.

Well I have to tell you that this was so outside my comfort zone due to the fact that I have relied on ALSB for the last 5 years and before that did no scrapping at all. So in my best 1st time efforts to imitate May Flaum, Shimelle and other arty scrappers, here is my LO. I used mostly Tim papers with some Graphic 45, tissue tape, buttons, stamps, fibers, and for the challenge part I used Ranger Color Wash to splat randomly and also for the stencil on the right side of the page. I thought it had a semi-musical look to it. The edges of the LO are swiped with Picket Fence Distress Stain. This was taken at my son's elementary school talent show when he was 9. He and Bob performed "Return to Sorrento".

Absolutely fantastic Farley!!!
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Great LO Farley, and thanks for the kind words.

Monica wrote:LSB gives you a good foundation from which to explore other scrappy styles until you find your true style, and it helped me to really get a feel for a basic page. You've definitely applied those lessons and expanded beyond.
Monica...you sound just like a teacher :D
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Gee thanks everyone for your great compliments and encouraging words. I am really enjoying this new look for me. Maybe the next one won't take 5 days to make, :lol: :lol: :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

All the elements you combined work great together!!!
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

great job Farley
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

here is mine

I used watercolor paper, a bunch of Lindy's Stamp gang Mists, stencils and water.
I found this pic on Maya's camera and had to use it.
Attachments
StrongCB.jpg
StrongCB.jpg (438.8 KiB) Viewed 477 times