April 2013 Scrapbooking Challenge-WINNER

jmp1022

Re: April 2013 Scrapbooking Challenge

Post by jmp1022 »

I did drippage once last year at Donna's place. Have not want to try it again.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Yes, as Keitha says, the paint has to be very watery or you can spray water on it as it drips but then it becomes more diffuse.

Practice on some paper you don't care about until you get the consistency right. And get that paper out of the trash, Pat, you can use it for something!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

By the way, Cheryl, I think adding that orange base really does set off the layout. And Keitha, love your art journal pages.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I can't begin to tell you gals just how far out of my comfort zone you have lured me. And I am loving it.

So I started with AC white cardstock. Sprayed it with Vibrant Turquoise and Pure Sunshine Dylusions. Made all efforts to get it as drippy as possible. Then I used my paper from the current Simon Says Stamp card kit for embellishments, mats, etc. I belong to this card club though I am primarily a scrapbooker. So it is my goal to make at least one layout from the supplies in addition to making cards. Thus, this layout. In addition to making my own little embellies from the kit, I used a product (Recollections wood veneer) that I bought two days ago. THIS is very unusual for me. I normally have to hoard for at least six months.

Anyway, I am very happy with the layout even though when editing the photos on my computer, I thought Lexi's colors were more aqua. When I got the prints, they were obviously more toward the blues. Oh, well, it's still a nice layout. And I did my best to use the challenge colors but as I type this, I realize I did not use any buttons. Sorry. I did use butterflies and flowers.

Thanks soooo much for the challenge and, Debbie, for nudging me out of my safe place.
Attachments
FindYourHappyEveryDayPAO.jpg
FindYourHappyEveryDayPAO.jpg (127.92 KiB) Viewed 234 times
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Very nice! I like your take on the doilies and the drip page is GREAT!
Paula

Post by Paula »

You go girl!!! I think you did great!! The more you do it, the more comfortable with the technique you will become! :creating:
Monica

Post by Monica »

WTG, Jen! :clap: You created a wonderful LO with lots of fun elements that go perfectly with the photos, and you did a fab job with the drippage!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

So cute!
Watch Donna's inspiration wednesday videos for her techniques.
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pat-czap wrote:
ChristyB wrote:Embrace the randomness of it
That is easy for you to say...not so easy for those of us who drippage is a foreign concept. :lol:

I will give this another try after reading Keitha's post, which gave me another point of view.

Trust me I get it.
It's how my mind works. But having a daughter who is very linear in her thinking she has caused me some frustration as well as maybe a bit more understanding.
Me I am all about what happens happens in both art and life... (and even then, like today, I sometimes have problems with it)
not everyone is like that.
But I applaud each and everyone of you who try it even it out of your comfort zone.

Maybe you like it, maybe you won't but you tried. And in the end sometimes that is more important than the results.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

So true, Christy, great words. I've tried it and I like it. You will see it again from me.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

ScrappinJen wrote:So true, Christy, great words. I've tried it and I like it. You will see it again from me.

:cool5: :cool5: :cool5: :cool5: :cool5:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

ChristyB wrote:Keitha love those samples!

Come on guys...drippage is fun!!!!! You never know what you will get.
Embrace the randomness of it :tomato: :tomato: :tomato:

Tried it at Donna's. Didn't like it. Love random, but don't like drippage.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

how about a drippage stencil, Pam? I've got one from TCW that I love.... drippage look w/o actual drippage happening!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Oh, this I gotta see. Is that what it's called? Heading over there now.