April 2013 Scrapbooking Challenge-WINNER

troublesmom

Re: April 2013 Scrapbooking Challenge

Post by troublesmom »

For sure on both of these!
Monica wrote:Sue, love the revamped LO! I definitely prefer the end result over the first edition. I've been known to completely revamp a finished page just because it wasn't working for me... sometimes the muse will work when I try to force things to fit a challenge but most of the time the wench refuses to cooperate. :roll:

Keitha, what a cool look you got with crayons! I'll have to try that one!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Okay I have one to put in. The drippage is terrible and I ended up using a brush, but...............
143.JPG
143.JPG (91.46 KiB) Viewed 298 times
Made a slight change to this by cutting down and adding a background orange:
001.JPG
001.JPG (99.97 KiB) Viewed 273 times
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Thank you, everyone for the encouraging words. Keitha, I really like your drippage and it's perfect on that page.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

It's not as easy as it looks is it, Cheryl. I practiced on some scraps, but still wasn't getting it right. I like how you saved yours with the brush strokes - very cool look.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Love all of the generations of layout, Sue. You really put your heart into this one. I'm having trouble converting to a two pager. Will get it together yet.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I think I need that stoppage stencil!
aprilpzzl

Post by aprilpzzl »

Great pages everyone.

Good save Cheryl. I like how it turned out.

Wonderful, Keitha. Thanks for sharing it.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Cheryl, your layout is very nice. I'm very afraid of tackling the drippage. Have never done it. But I will throw caution to the wind. Uploading photos for the layout right now. Should be able to drip tomorrow. Fun.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I am with you on that Debbie!
Debbie J wrote:I think I need that stoppage stencil!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Crayons aside, I've taken classes with both Donna Downey and Dina Wakley where drippage was one of the techniques - although Donna certainly gets credit for the term. You need whatever medium you're using quite wet/fluid to run down the page. While Dina did have us using spray ink, in Donna's class we loaded a brush and dragged it across the top edge of the page, almost scraping the ink off the brush and allowing it to run down. I kind of prefer that look, as you don't get the spray blobs to start with. I don't have an example handy of the drippage I did with Donna, but here's one from my Dina Wakley class. The lighter yellow puddle of colour was mopped up off the craft sheet; both the orange and pink drips were created by dragging a brush across the top of the page - obviously held sideways!
Attachments
DSCN0520_r.jpg
DSCN0520_r.jpg (163.48 KiB) Viewed 270 times
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I gave this challenge a whirl...but decided the trash can would enjoy my effort more than me! I'll have to try again.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Well, I just made my first ever attempts at drippage. I used Dylusions in Vibrant Turquoise and Pure Sunshine. The first attempt turned too green when the yellow sprayed over the turquoise. So I did it again but sort of blocked the turquoise area from the yellow. Drying now in my garage (my messy space) and I will start working on it tomorrow. I do like the look but you certainly have to give up on any control at all and just be happy with the drippage as it occurs. Thanks so much for gently nudging me out of my comfort zone.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

So glad everyone is giving this a try! I like the samples you showed Keitha, especially the bird one.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Keitha love those samples!

Come on guys...drippage is fun!!!!! You never know what you will get.
Embrace the randomness of it :tomato: :tomato: :tomato:
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

ChristyB wrote:Embrace the randomness of it
That is easy for you to say...not so easy for those of us who drippage is a foreign concept. :lol:

I will give this another try after reading Keitha's post, which gave me another point of view.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA