2016 November Card Sketch Challenge - Gift Card Wallet

paddlegal

Re: 2016 November Card Sketch Challenge - Gift Card Wallet

Post by paddlegal »

Kathryn you've been busy! This is wonderful.

One thing I really like about this card holder is that it's quite simple but you can really dress one up also. I just made another one and it went fast once I selected the papers. I kept this one very simple. You Schimelle fans will recognize this paper from True Stories. I bought the whole pad at Tuesday Morning for a song.
Attachments
IMG_0315.JPG
IMG_0315.JPG (90.31 KiB) Viewed 291 times
IMG_0313.JPG
IMG_0313.JPG (96.71 KiB) Viewed 291 times
IMG_0314.JPG
IMG_0314.JPG (69.03 KiB) Viewed 291 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

That's wonderful Farley!
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Super cute!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Perfect papers for your gift card Farley! I agree about the next one going quicker; I made another yesterday morning and it took no time at all. Once the papers are out one could whip up a few very quickly.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Kathryn and Farley - love those! Farley - it's especially clever how you used the cut out oval for the embellishment on the wrapper.

Nicole and I spent some time last night pulling papers and cardstock, and got a bunch of pieces cut and scored. Nothing is assembled yet, but hopefully this weekend we'll get a good handful of these completed to sell. Last night's paper pull was all winter/holiday themed. But once we get done with this batch, hopefully we'll have time to make some all-occasion ones also.

Even though we didn't finish a single one, Nicole was really enjoying herself last night. She especially liked being introduced to the scoring board. I think she thought she was going to have get all of those neatly folded on her own. LOL.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Perfect!
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

a perfect card
I need to get busy
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Julie, you've reminded me that for my next trimmer I'm going to try the WeRMemoryKeepers Trim & Score Board. I just use the ball-end of a rub-on tool in the groove on my Fiskars trimmer to score with, but the score board would eliminate having to keep moving the paper for multiple scores. WeRMK make excellent tools. And speaking of tools, did you all see where Tim posted about his own Misti recently? He said the pink colour had stopped him from buying one; well, the company make one in 'Tim' colours just for him, LOL.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Julie I am so tickled that you and Nicole are having so much fun with this project. It's really a natural for your fund raiser. And clever you for spotting what the oval on the band was from! I was trying to make it quickly and it was just what I needed to highlight the coffee cup. Have fun this weekend making them and PLEASE post some photos of your assembly line with Nicole. We'd love to see you two in action.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Will do Farley! I'm terrible at posting photos here, as you all know. But I'll try to make a better effort. Nicole was so funny with the scoring board. She messed up several cards before she finally decided to use post-it notes to draw arrows next to the grooves she was supposed to be using. :lol:

So hopefully we'll be back at it this weekend, and maybe even finish a few. Once we get to the details of that outer piece, it may go more slowly.
Julie Fugina
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Post It notes is a great idea. I've marked my usual scoring measurements in color coded Sharpies right on my scoring board. It really keeps me from goofing up.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

We did spend some time in the craft room tonight, but still didn't actually finish any of these cards. Here is where Nicole started tonight - she had the cuts and the scores, and was starting to assemble the base wallets. She got two put three together before declaring herself hungry and done for the night she wound up frustrated that things weren't entirely square when she started folding and adhering. I think she'll get better with practice.
IMG_4079.jpg
IMG_4079.jpg (95.15 KiB) Viewed 264 times
Meanwhile, I was working on my etched glass candle holders...
IMG_4080.jpg
IMG_4080.jpg (89.68 KiB) Viewed 264 times
Julie Fugina
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Lookin' good!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Nicole you look so cute! That's great you're having fun with this. I just know they'll turn out great.

Julie your etched glass project is impressive. You two have amazing energy to take on such a big project as this. Thanks for posting these photos.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Sorry about my bad photo
But I'm working on some
Attachments
gift-card-holders.jpg
gift-card-holders.jpg (21.81 KiB) Viewed 251 times
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/