March 2017 Card Sketch Challenge - Bento Box Card

paddlegal

March 2017 Card Sketch Challenge - Bento Box Card

Post by paddlegal »

I say bento box for a lack of a better description of my idea. (This does NOT have to be an Asian theme unless you want to.) I am thinking in terms of rectangles sectioning a card front off in order to feature a series of images relating to a theme of your choice. This is yet another opportunity to use up your scraps and those 6 X 6 paper pads. The sections can contain stamped images, die cuts, chip board pieces, stickers or embossed images from your folders.

I've made two samples below with one turned into a card. The first sample will eventually become a card too.

First sample was created by using a stitched rectangle die stack to form the sections. In a day or two I will fill up those blank spaces. The second example was made with one die that created the sections plus the decorative inserts. I couldn't resist using my NBUS set of sushi.

Have fun with this!
Attachments
IMG_1803.JPG
IMG_1803.JPG (167.68 KiB) Viewed 525 times
IMG_1804.JPG
IMG_1804.JPG (161.49 KiB) Viewed 525 times
IMG_1802.JPG
IMG_1802.JPG (143.39 KiB) Viewed 525 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Re: March 2017 Card Sketch Challenge - Bento Box Card

Post by nancine »

That's creative!
Who makes a die like that? Nice to have all the pieces (kind of like the MFT blueprint dies).

Fun sushi!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

What a cute card! I love all the colors and the sushi set is just adorable. My granddaughter would love it.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

nancine wrote:That's creative!
Who makes a die like that? Nice to have all the pieces (kind of like the MFT blueprint dies).

Fun sushi!

Yes it is blue print like. The die set is from Taylored Expressions. It's one of the purchases I made at Stampers Corner last week. TE is one of my favorite stamp and die companies.

https://www.tayloredexpressions.com/col ... plate.html
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

This is a cool challenge. I think I have some diecuts I can use. Thanks. Your samples are great.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Well I finally sat down tonight and played around with this card and added some Irish to it. St Patrick's Day is one of my favorite days of the year. And not just because I'm all Celtic. 31 years ago Bob wrote me his first poem which arrived in the mail St Patrick's Day. Mushy I know.

It's amazing how much stuff I pulled out just to make the additions to this Irish bento box.
Attachments
IMG_1910.JPG
IMG_1910.JPG (181.56 KiB) Viewed 460 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Great to see how you added the Irish embellishments to your basic bento box card.
Kathryn.