My Weekend Challenge - September 15-17 KILL THE KIT! DONE!!

paddlegal

My Weekend Challenge - September 15-17 KILL THE KIT! DONE!!

Post by paddlegal »

This past week was really busy with bird surveys and visiting friends. Bob and I have nothing planned as yet so after I rediscovered a barely touched SSS card kit from several months back, I want to do my best killing that kit as well as the August kit I'm currently working on. They both use similar colors so I can mix things up a bit.

The September SSS kit will be here before I know it and it's a stunner. I want the decks cleared and ready for that one. I may be pulling an all-nighter. :lol:

So who is with me?

Here's what I have to play with and use up.
Attachments
IMG_3609.jpg
IMG_3609.jpg (150.6 KiB) Viewed 534 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Re: My Weekend Challenge - September 15-17 KILL THE KIT!

Post by paddlegal »

Well I only made two tonight but I'll start fresh tomorrow. It's after midnight and I'm toast.

I'm mixing the kits together plus adding other stamps as well. The unicorn card is full of Wink of Stella but it just doesn't show up. The castle is inside a bubble with tiny beads added for a shaker card. I'll add a sentiment later.

Two down - loads more to go.
Attachments
IMG_3614.jpg
IMG_3614.jpg (162.64 KiB) Viewed 529 times
IMG_3613.jpg
IMG_3613.jpg (179.9 KiB) Viewed 529 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Great cards Farley...keep it up!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

You can do it!! Great job so far!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Cute kits and cards. Love that rainbow theme. And the scripty Birthday sentiment.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Cute cards, and I'm with you on the challenge! Rob and Nicole left town after last night's football game to go to an all-weekend RPG gathering, and it's my last free Saturday until November. And while I do feel some guilt about not being outside in the really fantastic weather, I still plan to spend most of the day today in the craft room.

I do love a good "kill the kit" challenge, though I may have to create the kit before I can kill it, since I don't belong to any clubs anymore. :lol:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

jfugina wrote:Cute cards, and I'm with you on the challenge! Rob and Nicole left town after last night's football game to go to an all-weekend RPG gathering, and it's my last free Saturday until November. And while I do feel some guilt about not being outside in the really fantastic weather, I still plan to spend most of the day today in the craft room.

I do love a good "kill the kit" challenge, though I may have to create the kit before I can kill it, since I don't belong to any clubs anymore. :lol:

Julie take a pad of paper and kill it. You mentioned, I think, that you have a lot of 6X6 pads. They are great for killing either with cards or LOs.

Thanks everyone. I hope some of you will join me killing off a pad of paper or a kit.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Oh. Perfect. I have a couple of kits/paper packs that I intend to kill this weekend. I made a pretty good effort yesterday on a Stampin' Up! pack. Will post photos when I'm at a stopping point. Back to the table now.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Only five cards today and they took me forever! Though I did do a workout on a rower, make breakfast, lunch and dinner, and eat. That took some time out of my crafting time.

My brain is fried. If I can do five more cards tomorrow I will consider the two kits killed.

The first card is my favorite in this batch. It's more me with a lot of playing around with Oxides. The background was just splatted on and the coffee cups were water colored with the Oxides. How I love these inks.

Second card I just did a little die cutting and used the glossy, puffy stickers that came with the kit.

Third card, more Oxides to color the cups with. I first stamped the cups and then sponged on the color. the hearts have been "glossed" with Pico Embellisher. Love that stuff...a lot like Glossy Accents but I think easier to use...no clogging.
Attachments
IMG_3632.jpg
IMG_3632.jpg (139.41 KiB) Viewed 491 times
IMG_3631.jpg
IMG_3631.jpg (96.68 KiB) Viewed 491 times
IMG_3630.jpg
IMG_3630.jpg (103.96 KiB) Viewed 491 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

The last two for tonight.

First card again my favorite...same reason...lots of Oxide play. Actually the only thing on this card from a kit is the heart stamp, LOL. But I like how I painted both hearts with Oxides.

Second card is all kit material. But you may notice that the "happy birthday" is looking a bit odd. Long story - too tired to tell it. :lol:
Attachments
IMG_3634.jpg
IMG_3634.jpg (96.21 KiB) Viewed 490 times
IMG_3633.jpg
IMG_3633.jpg (181.94 KiB) Viewed 490 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Love those cards! And I can understand it taking a long time. Those aren't the colors (brights/cute) that you usually work with, and that in itself is a challenge. I think the equivalent for me would be to make a layout featuring one of my kids, using something like Graphic 45 or 7 Gypsies. One page given those supplies would take me days. :lol:

So I say 5 cards is quite the accomplishment! And I think they're great!
Julie Fugina
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Julie thank you! You are quite right about the colors and what I normally work with. This is good for me to go out of my comfort zone.

The next kit coming is definitely more my style. Rose gold, light pink, cream and navy blue. But all in all, I have enjoyed the August kit and being able to blend it with what I believe was the February kit with the coffee theme. Both are Doodlebug and nearly the same colors...somewhat typical of Doodlebug.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

This isn't quite as ambitious as what I originally had in mind, but when I was going through my 6x6s, I realized I only had 4 pieces of "Wonder Fall" from WP in the stack, so I decided to use up those last 4 papers. Any 12x12s or embellishments I had from that collection are long gone. The first 6x6 was on the Karate page I posted earlier. The other three are on this layout. I made the layout first (based on a Page Maps sketch), but then realized that it was just right for the first day of school. So I pulled the 2017 pics and put them on there. I still need to do First Day pics for '15 and '16, and I've got "Old School" from Pink Paislee pulled for that. If I can use the last of that kit, I'll post those to this thread also.
Attachments
IMG_0850.jpg
IMG_0850.jpg (121.13 KiB) Viewed 487 times
Julie Fugina
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

You killed it Julie! Well done and very clever LO. Fun photos of your kids too.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Great cards, Farley, and I love the layout and use of 6x6 papers, Julie. I have accomplished a bit today but skipped around so I haven't quite killed any kit yet. But there's one more day of Scramp Camp. I'm determined to commit homicide tomorrow.

Seriously, I wish we could find a better way to say it. Kill a kit is so violent. And I'll bet you $5 it's not politically correct. I'm sure we all know a person or two who would take offense at such a flippant comment about murder.

But how else can we say it? We want to kill a kit.