June 2013 Card Sketch Challenge

ScrappinJen

June 2013 Card Sketch Challenge

Post by ScrappinJen »

Here is the sketch I have prepared. The card will follow. I've been wanting to make this particular card for some time. Thank goodness for challenges that make me get off my kiester and do something. Hope you enjoy playing with it.
Attachments
SCN_0008.jpg
SCN_0008.jpg (13.06 KiB) Viewed 3266 times
ScrappinJen

Re: June 2013 Card Sketch Challenge

Post by ScrappinJen »

And here is my card. I used a Darice embossing folder across the top of the panel, my Silhouette to cut the three circular frame openings on the panel. The stamps are from my Simon Says Stamp set called Circle Friends. Ink used is Wild Honey from Tim and Ranger. The bee wings now have Diamond Stickles on them but I wanted to scan this card so I couldn't put anything wet on it until after scanning. The wings look adorable with Stickles. I will photo later to let you see. Everything's better with Stickles on it. Thanks for looking. Hope to see some cards using this sketch.
Attachments
SCN_0007.jpg
SCN_0007.jpg (27.83 KiB) Viewed 3265 times
Monica

Post by Monica »

Adorable card and fun sketch!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:And here is my card. I used a Darice embossing folder across the top of the panel, my Silhouette to cut the three circular frame openings on the panel. The stamps are from my Simon Says Stamp set called Circle Friends. Ink used is Wild Honey from Tim and Ranger. The bee wings now have Diamond Stickles on them but I wanted to scan this card so I couldn't put anything wet on it until after scanning. The wings look adorable with Stickles. I will photo later to let you see. Everything's better with Stickles on it. Thanks for looking. Hope to see some cards using this sketch.

Oh my gosh! How will we top this one??? It is just fantastic Jen. That embossing folder is adorable. Been hiding that from me, huh? Your bees are so cute and cutting out the holes for them is so cool. Great colors too. Okay, I am fired up and inspired.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I told you about it the day last week when it leapt into my shopping cart. Bevery's. Darice. Three little bee-themed strips. PERFECT for that set of stamps.

I wish I knew more about this Picasa software. The image looks so flat. It really does pop a bit more than the scan shows.

Just making excuses. I do love this little bee stuff, though.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:I told you about it the day last week when it leapt into my shopping cart. Bevery's. Darice. Three little bee-themed strips. PERFECT for that set of stamps.

I wish I knew more about this Picasa software. The image looks so flat. It really does pop a bit more than the scan shows.

Just making excuses. I do love this little bee stuff, though.

Yes, yes you did tell me...as if I could keep track of all those folders hoping into your cart! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for Picasa, I no longer use it for photo editing since I went from Linux to Mac 2 years ago. But I do use it for "cloud" storage for the photos and assorted scanned items I want to keep track of. I really like Aperture for the editing and on computer storage of photos.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

Lovely card Jen. I hope to play this month.
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

wonderful challenge Jen. I have one finished - not a great picture but.....
June Challenge.jpg
June Challenge.jpg (74.48 KiB) Viewed 3225 times
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Love it, Cheryl. And so glad to see you used an embossing folder! Thanks for playing.
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

Nice job Cheryl. I love those colors.
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
nancine

Post by nancine »

The bee card is truly delightful Jen! Can't wait to try this new sketch out.

Cheryl, gorgeous card and you are using brand new SU stuff I see! Just got my catalog :D
Paula

Post by Paula »

Nice cards!!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Sure am. I had to give them a try.
nancine wrote:The bee card is truly delightful Jen! Can't wait to try this new sketch out.

Cheryl, gorgeous card and you are using brand new SU stuff I see! Just got my catalog :D
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Jen, I want you to know that it's all YOUR fault I had to pick up that set of bee embossing folders today... and another set.... and a pawprints folder.... 'cause I have 2 drawers FULL but obviously that wasn't enough! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yes, I'm working on my card.... :creating:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Jen, this is a great sketch, I'll have to try this one!
Kathryn.