Re: August 2013 Card Sketch Challenge

Post by Monica »

Waiting to see you!!! :greenbounce: :greenbounce: :greenbounce:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
djenns

Post by djenns »

Pat - love those banners.....I can never get my banners to line up right.
Cheryl, Love the bird and the feathers.....and the colors.
Monica.....Your "loose" card came together really neat.....great mix of patterns and colors.
Nancy - I do like all those butterflies.....makes me feel happy.

Great cards
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

It's the end of the month and I am bringing up the rear as usual. :lol:

First to catch up with all these fabulous cards I haven't commented on yet. Wow!

Pat, your card is terrific and I love all the pattern papers.

Cheryl your interpretation of the sketch is great. Jen always gives us wonderful inspiration to jump off from. LOVE the feathers. I'm kind of feather happy these days.

Wow Monica...fast, loose and terrific!

Oooh Nancy, I LOVE your colorful, patterned butterflies. Awesome.

Well, my interpretation is "sorta" like Jen's sketch, but she knows I tend to wander from the main idea at times...I guess I'm in the fast and/or loose club. Like Diana, I went with a coffee theme. I even used one of my numerous coffee stamps for the first time...the French press pot. I used coffee cups for the banner and the "coffee break" for the half circle...yeah it's a whole one, I know. But I used my circle dies for the first time also! Coffee cup border is an oldie but goodie from Paula Best and the cup dies are Memory Box.

Great sketch as always Jen...thanks!
Attachments
Jens PAO August card sketch  large (1).jpg
Jens PAO August card sketch large (1).jpg (168.66 KiB) Viewed 438 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Oh, my my, you are soooooo inventive. I would have NEVER thought to substitute coffee cups like that. That's what makes you such a genius. By the way, have you posted your adirondack chair over here yet?

Anyway, thanks so much for posting. This card is really classy. I haven't even given much thought to a September sketch. I may have to lift one from somewhere on the web. My well has gone dry. But I have many cards to make and I might as well use a sketch I like, right?

Thanks to all who played along this month. And there's still another 26 hours. Get busy!!!
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

And I forgot to mention, good on you for using a previously unused stamp and getting it all inky!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:And I forgot to mention, good on you for using a previously unused stamp and getting it all inky!

Aww, thanks Jen. And I just realized that the Paula Best cup border along with a larger coffee cup of hers were my very first coffee related stamps bought about 16 years ago at the first stamp show I ever attended. Ah, such good memories.

I'll put the chair card up shortly.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Ah, that IS Paula. Love her. You know, I have an entire pizza box full of PB stamps and I don't think I've used 10% of them. I need to put them in the USE THIS NOW basket and stop hoarding. It was always her coloring that set me free and now that I have a jillion and one markers, I think I could actually color her images and perhaps do them justice.
nancine

Post by nancine »

Great take on the sketch Farley, love those cups on the line!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:Ah, that IS Paula. Love her. You know, I have an entire pizza box full of PB stamps and I don't think I've used 10% of them. I need to put them in the USE THIS NOW basket and stop hoarding. It was always her coloring that set me free and now that I have a jillion and one markers, I think I could actually color her images and perhaps do them justice.

You know there's a challenge in those words. LOL. I have at least two pizza box sized drawers filled with Paula Best WM stamps. I think I may change out my WM shadow box of its current selections and replace it with Paula stamps for awhile. Sort of my USE THIS NOW box. Now that I have all the Distress Markers and nearly all of the Spectrum Noir markers I should be able to get creative with them. You are right about Paula's colors. Her cards always lured me and my CC at every show.

And thanks for the compliments.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Okay. I challenge you (and anyone else) to use their Paula Best stamps in September. I know I have a pumpkin one which would work perfectly for some fall cards. And I could start on Christmas. Got a few of those. I was IN LOVE with Paula for a long time. I will set up another thread (unless I find you already have). Thanks.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Fab card, Farley!!

Jen, if you're stuck on a sketch for next month, may I suggest browsing thru Pinterest until a card design catches your eye and then use that card and a sketch from it for the next challenge? I CASE from all over the web for the challenges I do! ;)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Adding my ohhs and ahhs to a few cards I've not mentioned...Debbie, Sue, Diana, Monica, Nancy and Farley....WOW ladies. Wonderful and creative do not even begin to express what I see here!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Okay, gals, I have a new sketch up. Run over and take a look. Can't wait to see what you make.

http://www.paperartistsonline.com/forum ... =15&t=9948
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I have been wracked with guilt over the fact that I posted a sketch for all of you in August and then didn't even contribute myself. SO FINALLY, here you go, weeks late. But better late than never, right?

It's a card that started out going in one direction but then I changed gears and made it a birthday card for my hairdresser in honor of her heritage. I used Simon Says Stamp card kit (don't recall what the name is) and my new Avery Elle Papel Picado stamp set. Thanks for looking. And don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I promise to do better in the future.
Attachments
Hola Amiga.jpg
Hola Amiga.jpg (32.92 KiB) Viewed 381 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

This is just the coolest combo of colors Jen. Glad your longtime hairdresser was happy with it. How could she not be? Love that stamp set and how brilliantly you used it for this challenge as well.
FARLEY in Sacramento