Paula Best, Michael Strong, etc., Coloring Book Challenge

ScrappinJen

Paula Best, Michael Strong, etc., Coloring Book Challenge

Post by ScrappinJen »

Over on the card thread, Farley and I have been discussing our cobwebby old collection of Paula Best stamps. At conventions, I would spend what seemed like HOURS at her booth, deciding which of her delectable stamps I would buy, enchanted by her wonderful coloring of the images. Of course, once I got home, I had next to no skill at coloring in those doodly images. So my stamps languished in a pizza box. For years. Of course, not using them did not prevent me from buying more with each passing convention. But I digress into other addictions.....

So, Farley and I challenge everyone to dig out your Paula Best stamps and use them. I placed this in the card challenge thread but you can use them on ANYTHING. And you must attempt to color in at least part of the image. For those of you who never fell under the Paula Best spell, I'm sure you have some sort of doodle-y images that call out to be colored in. And we all have some sort of coloring implements. I am sure. So any other doodle-y stamp will also fit the bill.

Not limiting this challenge to September since I will be away traveling for a third of it. Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with. And Farley, no fair counting your coffee cup card already.

Dig deep.
ChristyB

Re: Paula Best Challenge

Post by ChristyB »

Have to go google Paula Best.....
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

OH my. I had never seen them before!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Jen I am so glad you started this thread. I thought you were describing me at those stamps shows. :lol: You know, we were probably standing side-by-side drooling over her stamps at the same time!

Here is one of her sites to visit. The amazing thing about Paula is she has been doing this for years and years. I really felt she was ahead of her time when I discovered stamping about 18 years ago.

http://www.paulabestrubberstamps.com/index.html

Another collection that comes to mind for this challenge are Michael Strong stamps. They have plenty of nooks and crannies for coloring too.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Love the cat stamps.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

haha.
I have never seen these before.

I might need to get this one. 8-)
Attachments
drown-my-sorrows-0508-d.jpg
drown-my-sorrows-0508-d.jpg (21.61 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

That's so funny Christy. I laughed at that one too when I went for her link.

I have changed my wood mounted stamps shadow box to all Paula Best so they are out in the open to be used for the month of September. My previous display was coffee, birds, women and other great favorites for backgrounds. Bob made this cool shadow box for me just for this purpose. We are planning further ones to go up over my craft room door and closet. If they are out in the open, I'll use them.

So first pic is my previous source of inspiration and the second is nearly all my Paula stamps. There are a few even tinier WMs plus some 4-sided and UMs. This should be enough to get me started, LOL.
Attachments
Paula Best Stamps 2.jpg
Paula Best Stamps 2.jpg (74.99 KiB) Viewed 1118 times
Paula Best Stamps 1.jpg
Paula Best Stamps 1.jpg (83.98 KiB) Viewed 1118 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Oh, gosh, Farley, my display will be much smaller but it is amazing...I see many of the same stamps as i have in my collection. We probably were side by side, edging each other away from our favorites! Wish I had met you back then. We could have found Club Scrap together.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

By the way, that case Bob made is amazing!!!
Monica

Post by Monica »

I have several of these:http://www.earthartinternational.com/st ... llery.htmlThe artist is in Edmonds, Washington and I've seen her at convention & the salmon festival in Issaquah. LOVE her stuff! I'll see if I can get one colored for the challenge.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh I've seen these Monica just couldn't recal the name of them. A lady Jen and I meet up with on Wednesdays has some of them. They'd be perfect for this.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Stamp Art carries that brand, Farley.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:Stamp Art carries that brand, Farley.

Nooooooooo.....

I think I will pass gorgeous as they are and rekindle my love for Paula Best and my also neglected and barely used if at all Michael Strong stamps.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Good point on the Michael Strong. I should change the name of the thread to include Michael. Dig 'em all out, ladies!
djenns

Post by djenns »

Those look like some interesting stamps.....I'm not adding too many new stamps at the moment but I do have some Michael Strong stamps and could play along.

Thanks