The 30 Day Color Challenge

mpizzazz

Re: The 30 Day Color Challenge

Post by mpizzazz »

That is gorgeous, Farley. I don't think it needs a background unless it's very pale so the flowers still stand out. I can't believe you colored for that long. I would be cross-eyed and not able to get up after all that time.
Great idea to take the book apart and make the copies. When we were in France I bought a few coloring books and ripped them apart so Wendy and I could have some of each. One was postcard size, perforated so they could be removed to color and mail and only printed on one side. I tried to look for larger sizes printed only on one side but there aren't as many.
The big supermarkets in France have a wonderful assortment of coloring books. Ebay is a good place to find some of the European and Japanese ones.
Watercolors also are fun to use to color with.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Thanks Jill and Marianne!

Here it is completed. The only thing I did was to fill in the background with two light grays. I'm glad I did. It does look finished now and I don't think it took away from the color any. Next coloring attempt will be freer and quicker, I hope, using water colors. I am itching to play with my Kuretakes.
Attachments
CB Page 550.jpg
CB Page 550.jpg (231.46 KiB) Viewed 266 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Yes, that is just right with the shadows. Do Copics smell bad? or were you drinking wine while coloring? :lol:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Oh my! The greys are the perfect touch. The flowers are so pretty!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:Yes, that is just right with the shadows. Do Copics smell bad? or were you drinking wine while coloring? :lol:

Well there may have been some wine involved :D But Copics don't have an odor so you can get loopy without realizing it. And thanks Pam and Marianne for your kind comments. I do like how it turned out. Now to figure out how to cut it up and use it. There are several Asian coloring books I am interested in...may have to try one of those also. I want to scan some of the pages and then try to isolate a specific flower or image to use with my KNK to cut out.
FARLEY in Sacramento