2016 PAO Holiday Secret Sister Swap - it's opening day!

azemigh

Re: 2016 PAO Holiday Secret Sister Swap - info has been sent

Post by azemigh »

wannabescrappin wrote:
azemigh wrote:Here are some close-ups of this wonderful little fairy journal.
I hope you'll enjoy adding to the journal, Rachelle. I especially like the Thief Fairy! Let me know if you like using the molds - I may have to try the paper clay ;) .
I know I will, Cheryl. Those molds intrigued me the moment I saw them. They will probably be the first thing I try when we get back from the wedding festivities.
paddlegal

Re: 2016 PAO Holiday Secret Sister Swap - it's opening day!

Post by paddlegal »

My secret sister is Keitha!

Keitha, not wanting to keep you in suspense...WOW, WOW, WOW! Keitha I am overwhelmed by your generosity and creativity!

I'll post soon today all the lovely and mind blowing gifts you sent me. I am prepping for Bob's 70th birthday party tomorrow and I'm far from ready...as usual. But I will make time soon today to share with everyone your very thoughtful gifts.

Consider yourself seriously hugged. :happy94:
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Wow! Such great gifts for inspiration!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Stopping my scurrying to post photos of the amazing and creative and thoughtful gifts Keitha sent me. This is going to take several posts to cover everything and I'm doing it all by phone.

The opening and adorable pop up card Keitha made:
Attachments
IMG_0750.JPG
IMG_0750.JPG (103.81 KiB) Viewed 429 times
IMG_0751.JPG
IMG_0751.JPG (60.75 KiB) Viewed 429 times
IMG_0752.JPG
IMG_0752.JPG (128.42 KiB) Viewed 429 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

The goodies.

Keitha I could have stopped at the bird bookmarks and been happy. It was the first thing I opened and I was nearly in tears from it. They are so wonderful. But so are the hummingbird stamps and die, the Yupo (can't wait to play with it) , the Color Bloom spray and Nuvo, the gorgeous Fancy Pants paper pad, the clear foam tape and all those fun embellishments, adhesive backed foil sheets and Giddy Yoyo dark chocolate!

Oh. My. Gosh. !!!
Attachments
IMG_0755.JPG
IMG_0755.JPG (129.26 KiB) Viewed 429 times
IMG_0754.JPG
IMG_0754.JPG (135.53 KiB) Viewed 429 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

But saving the mind-blowing hand made gift for last. Keitha you are amazing and so talented! This book has 6 pages that unfold to reveal gorgeous panels to write my observations on. Each page also has a pocket with a decorated tag that slides out. What a treasure this is! I'm so glad you signed this.

I am overwhelmed not only by my lovely and thoughtful gifts but also by what everyone else created and received. This. Is. one. Special. Group. Of. Women. And it's an honor to call you all my friends.

Keitha, thank you!

:happy94:
Attachments
IMG_0760.JPG
IMG_0760.JPG (119.31 KiB) Viewed 428 times
IMG_0761.JPG
IMG_0761.JPG (122.65 KiB) Viewed 428 times
IMG_0762.JPG
IMG_0762.JPG (118.28 KiB) Viewed 428 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Re: 2016 PAO Holiday Secret Sister Swap - info has been sent

Post by mpizzazz »

nchoney wrote:Such fun goodies, everyone!!

Keitha.... she's Chevie .... and she was being such a good girl while mommy opened her presents. A huge improvement from 2 years ago when we first adopted her.
My first thought was, what, Chevie isn't chewing up all the paper or grabbing the ornament out of your hand. She really has grown up and relaxed. She knows she's home now!

What wonderful gifts everyone has received. I think I'll start a wish list from all your gifts.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Farley, you are most welcome. I'll look forward to seeing your Yupo experiments when you have a play as I haven't tried it yet, either. I'll confess that Marianne gets some credit for the bookmarks. She didn't participant this year so I told her who my Secret Sister was. Shortly after that she mentioned that she'd seen these from a Japanese paper company, and agreeing that they were probably something you'd enjoy I placed my order. So they came all the way from Japan via Barrie - perhaps not the most direct route, LOL. The mini-album was truly a labour of love, with the pages left mostly plain so you can add photos and journaling as you see fit.
And I agree, this is a very special group that I am honoured to be a part of.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Keitha wrote:Farley, you are most welcome. I'll look forward to seeing your Yupo experiments when you have a play as I haven't tried it yet, either. I'll confess that Marianne gets some credit for the bookmarks. She didn't participant this year so I told her who my Secret Sister was. Shortly after that she mentioned that she'd seen these from a Japanese paper company, and agreeing that they were probably something you'd enjoy I placed my order. So they came all the way from Japan via Barrie - perhaps not the most direct route, LOL. The mini-album was truly a labour of love, with the pages left mostly plain so you can add photos and journaling as you see fit.
And I agree, this is a very special group that I am honoured to be a part of.

Well thank you Keitha AND Marianne! The fact that they are in Japanese and English made it all the more lovely.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Marianne....

Indeed... Chevie was amazingly well-behaved. I was even putting the tissue and wrapping paper down on the floor inside the box and she didn't budge. She was a good girl last weekend when Peggy and I exchanged birthday presents, too. So... yep.... she has calmed down immensely. She still doesn't like other people or dogs... but... maybe another year. LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Farley, you're 100% right - this IS the best group of ladies that I know. I'm totally enjoying you all opening your goodies.

Keitha! You need to post a tutorial on here so we can try our hands at making a version of your book. It's wonderful!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Absolutely! This is the best group of people I've had the pleasure to be a part of. Big virtual hugs to all! :happy94: And I will second a tut on the intriguing journal that Keitha made.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Yes, that book Keitha made is wonderful. I've enjoyed behind the scenes photos during the making and shopping process. It's fun to see it all come together.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Hey all! Great gifting across the board!
On our way home from Mall of the Emirates in nail-biting traffic.
Hope to see some fab projects now that everyone's stash has been refreshed.
Pam Cook #48
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

I've enjoyed seeing all your gifts, love the variety of hand-made artwork. Hope you have fun with all your goodies!
Kathryn.