March 2017 PL Card Challenge - Project is up! Mini-PL Album

paddlegal

March 2017 PL Card Challenge - Project is up! Mini-PL Album

Post by paddlegal »

Being that I am not the big scrapper here I figured I'd leave the expert scrappers to come up with new scrapping LO ideas for the PL cards in upcoming months. I do however have an idea for the mountain of cards we have collected. My schedule has been a busy one but I'll do my best to have my project up tomorrow night. In the meantime I am posting a photo of what I will be using and see if you can guess where I am going with this.

So to continue with my idea:

Your challenge if you choose to accept is to make an album using your "extra" :lol: PL cards. This is a double challenge in that you will first make the album and then actually fill it with photos! I have made my album which I will explain below and through the month of March I will fill it with photos and journaling.

My album was entirely made of the 6 X 4 PL cards (a CTMH collection) for the pages as well as the individual pockets. 13 for the covers and pages plus 12 for the pockets. The pages will hold the photos and the pockets will have tags (made from 3 X 4 PL cards) for the journaling. Binding can be done in numerous ways. I used my ancient Rubicoil machine and spiral binding. But punching holes and using binder rings works just as well. Be inventive and think of different ways to bind it. There's always that old Bind-It-All gathering dust in your closet...like mine.

I will be making progress reports on my album as I embellish it and add the photos and journaling. I hope you will jump in and try this with me and show your progress through this month.
Attachments
IMG_1817.JPG
IMG_1817.JPG (154.19 KiB) Viewed 984 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Re: March 2017 PL Card Challenge - Project is up!

Post by paddlegal »

Between each page is a pocket made from 6 X 4 PL cards. And here is one sample on one of the pages.
Attachments
IMG_1815.JPG
IMG_1815.JPG (166.33 KiB) Viewed 979 times
IMG_1816.JPG
IMG_1816.JPG (201.19 KiB) Viewed 980 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Re: March 2017 PL Card Challenge - Project is up!

Post by paddlegal »

The individual pocket made from the 6 X 4 cards were scored at 1 3/4 and at 4 1/4. I the cut off the top corners so the tags (once made) will show also. They are open ended since they are bound at the bottom by the coil so no extra folding or gluing is needed.
Attachments
IMG_1813.JPG
IMG_1813.JPG (229.54 KiB) Viewed 978 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pat-czap

Re: March 2017 PL Card Challenge - Project is up! Mini-PL A

Post by pat-czap »

Interesting, and I like this Farley. I might be able to gear up for this little project... :D
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

This is a great looking book, Farley. I really like that map paper.

I don't know that binding system but the Bind It All is great to turn scraps into something. I make Ray tablets to sketch his amplifier designs/circuits on. Any paper with a blank back is fair game at our house. It's fun to whip up tablets and little books with it.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I'm going to make one for my mom. She and her cousin are going on a trip out west ("This really nice travel agent arranged it for us." :roll: Why would I expect my mom to use my travel agency? But I digress...).

It's a nice size to fit in a purse so she can pull it out and make notes each day. Thanks for this idea Farley!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

My niece is graduating from high school in June and I want to make her one also. One of Bob's nieces has just started flight attendant school and I was thinking of a similar one like my sample...since I have at least THREE of each of those cards. :lol:

Looking forward to all your versions of this challenge.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Interesting little project Farley. I've made a point not to accumulate a ton of PL cards; I'd have to see if I even have enough that go together to do something like this.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Keitha wrote:Interesting little project Farley. I've made a point not to accumulate a ton of PL cards; I'd have to see if I even have enough that go together to do something like this.
Don't forget you can cut paper into those sizes...
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Very clever little book. I wonder if I could get myself to make one.
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

What an interesting project, Farley. I never bought any PL stuff, but there's a 6x6 pad, or two, around somewhere :lol: Their day might have dawned!
Kathryn.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Very nice book
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

katymjo wrote:What an interesting project, Farley. I never bought any PL stuff, but there's a 6x6 pad, or two, around somewhere :lol: Their day might have dawned!
Kathryn.
There's a great thought! I am forever trying to figure out how to use those 6x6 pads!

Farley - that book is so super cute! I don't have any PL cards, but I certainly have enough other stash to make something similar. It's been forever since I've made a book and this is definitely something I'd like to try.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I made this book with Graphic 45 paper I rec'd from Pam P. a few years back. ;) I cut several sheets into PL size cards and tags.
The bind it all was interesting...haven't used that in years as well.
So here is the front cover and 2 inside pages.
rsz_dscn1519.jpg
rsz_dscn1519.jpg (120.61 KiB) Viewed 886 times
rsz_dscn1521.jpg
rsz_dscn1521.jpg (100.61 KiB) Viewed 886 times
rsz_dscn1522.jpg
rsz_dscn1522.jpg (114.41 KiB) Viewed 886 times
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Very nice, Pat. What a creative way to use those special papers.
Kathryn.