Basic Project Life supplies

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

Basic Project Life supplies

Post by pamcook »

I found this interesting. Not that I would ever use just basic supplies. The "gatherer" in me won't allow it. However, a basic kit could be a nice gift, right?
http://aliedwards.com/2014/03/ae-projec ... 28{+A+}%29
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Re: Basic Project Life supplies

Post by mpizzazz »

But, we have all that stuff already, Pam! Oh, you didn't mean a gift for us? Well, ok then, it would make a nice gift for someone starting out.

Her pages are nice.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Right - a gift for someone just starting out.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I think PL in General is an excellent choice for people just starting out. My life plan (snort) is that when I use up all my 12x12 stuff, I will go all PL. Snort!

I'll be 105 years old in the home, jamming things into little pockets.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

There are two concepts I never worry about:
1) Getting "caught up"
2) Using up all my supplies
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

:angel:
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:There are two concepts I never worry about:
1) Getting "caught up"
2) Using up all my supplies

Excellent philosophy!
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Basic supplies - how boring LOL. Even if I did PL faithfully - and I don't do it at all - I don't think I'd ever buy a core kit, it's too much of the same thing. And as Marianne and I have been discussing elsewhere, how many cards do you need that say 'Best Day Ever'?

But then I've always scrapbooked for the creative outlet; having photos and memories preserved to look back on is simply a bonus IMHO. So having that be the raison d'etre, PL would never appeal to me; where's the fun in that? Oh I know, different strokes for different folks.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Oh gosh! I love the PL kits! They are extremely versatile - each card is two-sided and those with sentiments that don't fit can be layered. I use them for embellishments and photo mattes. Love them.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I've never seen one of those Core kits but I thought there would be a lot of duplicates in the box and that each box is a certain color scheme and theme. Is that right, Pam?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I couldn't begin to tell you how many kits there are. Tons of them.
Some are small - maybe 20 small cards and 15 or so 4 x 6. Some are larger - maybe 50 small cards and 20 larger cards and then there are the humongo kits - I would guess 80 small cards and 30 or 40 large cards (more than enough to do an entire 12 x 12 PL album and plenty left over). Many designers are making kits now - something for everyone.

There's enough variety with few duplicates. I know several women who buy them, divide them and swap.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I did buy some Simple Stories cards from Peachy Cheap recently, I think it was them. I haven't even opened them up yet to have a good look. They might be good in my journals.

Thanks, Pam.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

:cool5:
Just opened a pack from MME, designed by Rhonna. Some are transparent! They are going to be so much fun to work with!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote::cool5:
Just opened a pack from MME, designed by Rhonna. Some are transparent! They are going to be so much fun to work with!

Oooh, I like the sound of that Pam. I saw an example of one pocket that had a lacy see-through type card so you could see through to the next page. I thought that was fun.

As for core kits…ahem…I have a few :oops: I just started scrapping this way and I love it. You can take those cards and mix them around so that they don't look like the same thing page after page. Many of them I will be using as photo mattes. I will agree that 5 "best day evers" can be tiring but as mattes they are great. I recently took one kit and filled all my pockets with cards. Every page looks different but they go together throughout the album. I consider it another way to ALSB, just with pockets. I really feel you can be just as artful with mini pockets as you can with a 12x12 page. It's just a different perspective.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I just ordered a set from Close To My Heart which I plan to use in pocket style scrapping but also make cards from them. If you google around you will find lots of samples of gals who have made very clever cards from the cards. Ahem. You know what I mean. I hope to be as clever. I have purchased quite a few of these sets in digi format thinking that I can then only print out the cards I want and not end up with three of each. Either way, it's all good. Use the leftovers to level out your kitchen table. Whatever. We used to clothespin baseball cards to the spokes on our bikes. Gosh, I wish I had those old baseball cards.