Ali Edwards Hello Story

Got one? Know of a good one?
mpizzazz

Re: Ali Edwards Hello Story

Post by mpizzazz »

Oh, I really like a lot of the elements you used. The script on the photo and "from here to there" on the other page. Love the date photo in the pocket. Is that a photo you took or a printed element? Great idea to include that.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Jen! They're wonderful. Yes many, many bonus points for all the journaling.
I'm with you - it feels so good to be able to pull something from a kit and use it without having to alter or create something that works.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

That date photo was a changeable calendar for sale in the restaurant where we eat in Cambria. We went in there for lunch on my birthday and there it was. Had to be. Even my hubby said I had to use it on my page.

Thanks for your kind comments on my layout. I'm still happy with it.

And now onto the next assignment.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh Jen, this LO is awesome! Pairing a pocket page with a 12x12 is such a great way to go and I love the "polaroid" cards for your photos. So how were those done since you don't have a die for that?
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Those polaroids are all part of that DCWV paper stack. Tons of polaroids in various shapes. I just cut my photo down to fit in where a picture would go. And the ones on the left side of that page are part of the pre-printed design. I did nothing. So easy to put this together. Thanks for your comments.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Well aren't you the clever boots! :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

They're easy to fake. Just cut a white matte to the appropriate size and put your photo on top. Sometimes I use a black layer about 1/8" or less between the photo and the white layer. I think they're fun.
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Post by nancine »

this is great seeing a "regular" page and pocket page working together so well. I like this alot!
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Ya know, I struggled with putting this layout together but I am really loving it. Can't stop looking at it. I need to figure out exactly what it is that I like about it. But I do think this is the way of my future. A 12x12 layout (for playing) and a pocket page facing it to get those darned photos in the book without belaboring the issue. You will see more from me.

I have loved Project Life from the get-go but I just don't have the kind of daily life that calls for preservation. No cute little growing tykes around. Don't even have the pooch any more. So this is a perfect way to justify buying those fun supplies and continuing my traditional style as well. I'm sold.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Finally, another layout from my Hello Story class at Big Picture. In the digital package from Week 3, Ali gave us these cool arrows to use to mask photos (or print out and use as a template). I just love them and will be using them again & again. I really like the results although my dear hubby pointed out to me (once the layout was completed) that the two solo photos of us should have been on the same side, pointing at the photo of us together. Oh, well, it's done and I'm still happy with it. Club Scrap paper. Office supply metal-rimmed tags and gold Hardcover Thickers are my only embellishments. This is the title page for the section covering our recent trip to Cambria. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
Cambria Arrows PAO.jpg
Cambria Arrows PAO.jpg (204.15 KiB) Viewed 353 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

After a few weeks of household stuff (darn it, why do we have to do that stuff???), I'm back to class. I'm repeating what I already said over in the Camp die cut thread but here goes:

This is another layout for my Hello Story class with Ali Edwards. The story concept for Week Four was Time. I chose to do a layout about my goal of riding 60 miles for my 60th birthday this year. The Graphic 45 paper was a perfect match since it includes bikes and clocks. Hooray! I cut the arrows on my Silhouette and the circle shapes were all cut with dies from My Favorite Things. I'm quite happy with how this turned out after germinating in my head for weeks and weeks. A couple of the photos are too dark but that's Costco printing. I hope to have them reprinted soon and will replace them on the layout. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
60@Sixty PAO.jpg
60@Sixty PAO.jpg (254.71 KiB) Viewed 345 times
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Jen I don't know how I have missed these before now but all of your layouts are terrific! I may need to check her out I do love all the cool elements and what a great job you have done using your stash. Those arrows are wonderful!!!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO