Ali Edwards Hello Story

Got one? Know of a good one?
ScrappinJen

Ali Edwards Hello Story

Post by ScrappinJen »

Just curious if anyone took this the first time around?
I've watched the free video peak from Week Seven and I'm very impressed. The cost is a bit steep. $99 for twelve weeks. But I have a BPC discount, I guess because I'm currently taking another class. That will bring the cost down to around $85 which broken down into twelve weeks is not so awful.

I've always liked and followed Ali so I've probably already made up my mind. But since it's a slight re-run, does anyone have experience with it? Thanks.
jmp1022

Re: Ali Edwards Hello Story

Post by jmp1022 »

I seen it but didn't sign up
I'm not into the pocket keeping so decided it
wasn't for me.
It really looked like some cute things she uses
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I'll be interested in your review of the class Jen.
I've never taken classes from her but like you, I admire her style and would imagine she'd be a great teacher.

I hope you love it!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I think pocket pages are a very small part of this class. Based upon the sneak preview.

I am really looking forward to it. I found another sneak peak which was just as inspiring.

Here's a link to both of them. Am I an enabler or what??? :anyone:

http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/sneakp ... torysneak/

http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/blog/m ... zRgabK9KSN
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

I signed up for the original class, but never finished watching them all. Seems to me it was more about journaling and telling the story instead of showing you how to do the pages, but like I said I didn't do it all. I also took Get Artsy and enjoyed it. The good thing about Big Picture is the classes never expire unlike the ones I took through Christy Tomlinson.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Just thought I'd check back in to tell you all that after one week, I am loving this class. The content is amazing and I am so inspired by Ali's sample layoutS. I will be posting my work as soon as it is complete.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:Just thought I'd check back in to tell you all that after one week, I am loving this class. The content is amazing and I am so inspired by Ali's sample layoutS. I will be posting my work as soon as it is complete.

And you WILL post your lesson LOs here, right? Love your photo you are working on.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

For the first week, our Story Structure as presented by Ali is Timelines. For my first assignment, I chose to make a timeline of photos of me with my niece. She lives in Cincinnati and I only see her every other year or so. I know. I'm a bad aunt. Anyway, I thought a good timeline would be to show photos of us together on our infrequent visits and watch her grow up. Notice Lexi gets taller while I only get wider.
I used Papillon from Club Scrap in keeping with my motif self-assignment this month of winged things. Ali did the assignment on white and kraft which I really like and will use in the future. But part of my goal here is to use up my stash. Voila! Fait accompli.

So far, all of these story structures are ones I plan to use again and again. Just as Ali predicted. I'm beside myself again this evening because my next week's assignment should be showing up in my mailbox any time now. I haven't figured out which time zone they are using. I know Ali and Stacy Julian are both in mine. I hope I like Week Two as much as I liked Weeks One and Seven.
Attachments
LexiNMe HelloStoryWeek1PAO.jpg
LexiNMe HelloStoryWeek1PAO.jpg (219.73 KiB) Viewed 439 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

What a great layout! I love this idea and yes, there are so many ways to use it, too.
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

adorable layout
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

And my second assignment for Week One is a circular timeline. I am absolutely head over heels in love with this story structure and design. I love pie charts. This one represents the cover page for a section about a short trip hubby and I took to the Oregon coast last August. The highlight of each day is represented on a pie slice. I used papers from Club Scrap, brads and letter stamps from my stash. And by the way, that die cut from Club Scrap worked just perfectly for the pie shape I had created in Photoshop. That was a happy accident. I just stumbled upon it in my stash AFTER assembling the pie. Lucky me! The arrow stamps are Close to My Heart. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
Newport Hello Story Wk1 Circular Timeline PAO.jpg
Newport Hello Story Wk1 Circular Timeline PAO.jpg (206.22 KiB) Viewed 427 times
nancine

Post by nancine »

That is really cool, a great way to do the first page of an album. I probably will copy you!
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I am really loving that circular assignment thingie. And I can gush about it because it's not like it's my idea. What blew my mind was that after I created it in Photoshop and then printed it and assembled all the pie pieces, and went to my Seashore box of stash, I found that die cut and it fit perfectly. It was Kismet!!!!

By the way, that is one of the die shapes I just love from Club Scrap. I may have one more somewhere but then they will be gone. I know I can cut something like that on Silhouette but there's something about having it already sitting there, in my box, that makes it soooo easy.

And I hope you all notice that I am definitely USING MY STASH. Yay for me!!!
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Still busy working on my class. Still loving it. I missed a bit of time with a birthday weekend away so I'm playing catch up now. Putting together another layout this afternoon. Hopefully I will photo it and submit it tomorrow. Then I will share with all of you. This class really is inspirational. Even though I'm no where near as DEEP as Ali is. I am using the ideas and techniques and applying them to layouts I want to make. Without all the existential journaling. That's just not my style. Or should I say, scrapbook pages are not where I need to share it. If I write it down at all, it is private. And I don't even look at it. :roll: :roll: :roll:
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Okay, I finally finished this layout which covers assignments in Week 3 and 4. I used several of the digital elements provided by Ali on these two pages, one of which is placed in pockets. My paper is from the Snapshot Stack from DCWV which I just had to have a long time ago and have been hoarding. Well, I finally busted into it. Hope you like this. Way more handwritten journaling than I usually do so I get extra credit for that. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
Hello Story 3 and 4 PAO.jpg
Hello Story 3 and 4 PAO.jpg (224.34 KiB) Viewed 396 times