2 Peas is closing

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

2 Peas is closing

Post by pamcook »

They made the announcement this afternoon.
Sad, really. I thought they might be in the process of selling. But nope.
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Re: 2 Peas is closing

Post by ChristyB »

wow!
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Man, they've been in business a long time...
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great sale happening...
Pam Cook #48
Paula

Post by Paula »

I'm sad.................. :shock:
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Looks like all the forums are locked, too. (could be my computer but I don't think so)
Some of those women have been online friends for many years.
I feel like they should have been given some notice so they could make plans to be able to stay in touch with each other.
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

pamcook wrote:Looks like all the forums are locked, too. (could be my computer but I don't think so)
I feel like they should have been given some notice so they could make plans to be able to stay in touch with each other.
I agree, Pam. I didn't participate over there, but would read the NSBR and General Scrapping forums pretty regularly. I learned a lot and at times it was quite entertaining. To just cut them off with no warning is awful. Now where am I going to go for my daily drama fix?
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I know I don't have energy to spend on drama so PAO isn't an option.
:lol: :lol:
We'll have to scout out some of the few remaining (are there any besides us?!).

I've learned a lot from the folks there.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote:Looks like all the forums are locked, too. (could be my computer but I don't think so)
I could open the forums if you click on the Forums tab but not on the drop down list.
What a shame for all those people who really lived at 2 Peas. It makes you wonder, if they can't make it, what scrapbooking business can-unless they did it for personal reasons rather than for business reasons.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

They are on FB & Reddit and trying to decide which format to use

http://www.reddit.com/r/2peas/comments/ ... gee_board/

(can't find the fb link right now)
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Sad thing. I wasn't at all active on the Boards over there. But I did pay for "lifetime access" to several classes.
Feeling a bit perturbed right now.
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Jennifer, at Paperclipping Roundtable they are talking about the closing and someone posted the instructions on how to down load the classes. They are also trying to talk Noell Hyman into starting up a forum. I hope they don't do that and give up the weekly podcast because I enjoy those so much.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Never heard of reddit before.

Wandering around the flea market over the weekend, I was reminded of how little product we had access to in the early days of scrapbooking. While I don't think it will ever get "that bad" again, I do expect to see more companies consolidate/close as more and more women realize that having a personal warehouse of supplies isn't the goal of scrapbooking - and stop buying all-together. In a panic over WRMK being bought by American Crafts, I bought 6 of their albums! Oh - another thing. How much profit margin can there be on a sheet of patterned paper? I think that's what kills most LSS. There can't be that much profit margin in the product sold. Think about it - most products are probably $5 or less/item.

Maybe more companies will sell directly to the customer from their websites? We do still have scrapbook.com and bluemoon. I recently found acherryontop.com. I joined hipkitclub recently. Where else do you all go online for shopping?

Obviously PAO is still the best paper-forum out there! I know several of us belong to other forums - want to post their information?
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Scrapbook Warehouse.com is a nice site.
pamcook wrote: more and more women realize that having a personal warehouse of supplies isn't the goal of scrapbooking - and stop buying all-together.
;) I agree with that.
pamcook wrote:In a panic over WRMK being bought by American Crafts, I bought 6 of their albums!
I didn't know that...I guess I'm out of the loop. Perhaps I "need" to pick up a few albums as well...
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Monica

Post by Monica »

Personally, I'd suggest inviting people to PAO... We have the advantage of not being affiliated with any one company and only have to worry that Julie may get tired of us all at some point! ;)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin