2 Peas is closing

Got one? Know of a good one?
jmp1022

Re: 2 Peas is closing

Post by jmp1022 »

it was sort of weird over there last time I was there.
something was going on then and now I know what it was
Sad for all the money had tied up in classes
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Monica wrote:Personally, I'd suggest inviting people to PAO... We have the advantage of not being affiliated with any one company and only have to worry that Julie may get tired of us all at some point! ;)
LOL! Just be sure that any invitations issued come with a notice that we're a small group and entry requires approval by an actual person who has a full-time job and doesn't make any money from the forum. I wouldn't want people out there bashing us because it took them a few hours (or maybe a day) to get their account activated. I still don't want to have to fight spammers, and every time I've ever opened up the registrations, we get hit.

That said, it's definitely sad that they're closing and cutting off their forum. I hope those friends find a way to stay together in a crafting community somewhere - be it here or someplace else.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Of course I had a panic attack thinking about how much I would miss PAO. Most of us know how to reach each other off-forum but even still...just think of the galleries - gone - the classes - gone - the community - gone.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Good heavens! No - PAO has no need to close. Even if I became unable to officially manage the site, since it's hosted by a company and not affiliated with any business, I could pass the site along to anyone else to keep it going with very little effort. So no worries there Pam.

I'm not always active here myself, but I can't imagine not having this place to come home to when I'm not out there doing the stuff that generates the scrapbook fodder in the first place. :lol: Without some kind of community to share it with, I imagine I'd lose interest eventually and just give it up altogether. NOT GOOD! I need to have that hobby there available to me, even if I'm on a sabbatical.

Many of us consider PAO as a home, and I actually have come to think of it like a real house. Not everyone is home all the time, and sometimes it's crowded like a family reunion. But the house will always be there, even if nobody's home at the time. And if I come and hang something up on the wall (gallery), someone will eventually see it and have something to say about it. And that's good for me, because nobody ever looks at my scrapbooks in my real house. :roll:
Julie Fugina
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

:happy94: :happy94: :happy94: You all!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

jfugina wrote: And that's good for me, because nobody ever looks at my scrapbooks in my real house. :roll:

no kidding!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

George will look at a page that I've done but only if I make a point of showing it to him. Oh, well, at least Maddie enjoys looking through them and so does Jim.

I'd post something over there but I haven't logged on in years and can't remember my user name or password. Maybe someone else will?
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

They locked the forums when they announced their closure.
You can read what's there but you can't create a new thread or reply to existing ones. I tried to reply to a private mail and it wouldn't open.
I've been posting invitations when I see people talking about it on blogs or facebook.
Pam Cook #48
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

I have seen a couple of post about a new forum. They are calling themselves 2 Peas Refugees. The thing is they all admit they don't talk about scrapbooking much. The do talk about just about everything else. One husband asked his wife who she was going to argue with about politics now. Apparently there were some troublemakers on there because they all mention hoping "certain peas" don't follow to the new site.
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Their forums are notorious. Seems like they've always had bee-yotch members who go out of their way to be hurtful. Like the legendary "Effers". I was surprised 2 Peas survived that ordeal.
They aren't welcome here.
8-)
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I found the 2peasrefugees board and posted an invitation (along with a reminder about expected behaviors! lol!).
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I do recall that there was a lot of drama over there, which is probably why I quit going. I didn't know about the "Effers" - you might have to fill me in at reCreate.

Maybe we don't want to ask them? We have enough drama in our lives without it coming into the forum. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

pamcook wrote:I found the 2peasrefugees board and posted an invitation (along with a reminder about expected behaviors! lol!).
Hey Pam - I just got a request for membership from that board, and I got her activated. But would you let others know that I'm out of town from this afternoon through Sunday, so I won't' be able to do any activations until late this weekend? I'd hate for a bunch of folks to get a bad feeling about us because they can't get activated quickly.
Julie Fugina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I think anyone who wants drama would be bored with us. We're too nice.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

And we can always let Tawanda deal with any potential troublemakers..... :lol:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin