2 Peas is closing

Got one? Know of a good one?
Monica

Re: 2 Peas is closing

Post by Monica »

pbp908 wrote:I do recall that there was a lot of drama over there, which is probably why I quit going. I didn't know about the "Effers" - you might have to fill me in at reCreate.

Maybe we don't want to ask them? We have enough drama in our lives without it coming into the forum. :lol:
Google effer dares... I *think* they still have an active blog. I have a book of theirs from a a few years back full of cool challenges.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

paperclipping roundtable is setting up a forum and gallery starting Wednesday
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Most have already migrated to another site 2peasrefugees.board.com/
Lots of discussion about how freeing it is to be able to post about anything and not be afraid of breaking the rules about products. Sound familiar? 8-)
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

hahaha
maybe a bit :roll:
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Check out this well written post….

http://hydrangeahippo.com/2014/06/twope ... et-closing
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I read a lot of the comments under the article and am still shaking my head at the attitude of some. I would hope that the snarks and "in crowd" would open their eyes, but something tells me it's just not going to happen. It saddens me to see another company close, but Jennifer nailed it in her post.

If we ever start to become non-supportive, I hope someone shoots us all in the rear. The old adage holds true - if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. (And please don't take that to mean that I don't like what you've done if I don't comment - I'm just a lazy poster! :lol: )
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I wonder if she realizes how many people she's speaking for?

There was a thread for "Frozen Peas" - a support group, if you will, for those who were committed to not buying anything. Really? You'll use their forum to support those who are refusing to buy? When it came down to it, it was an online store. I had no idea they were in financial trouble but, again, what can the profit margin be on the products? I just hope I don't have to go back to using decorative stationery for my pages! :lol:
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

pamcook wrote:I just hope I don't have to go back to using decorative stationery for my pages! :lol:

Oh, don't you worry about that girlfriend, I will send you some if you get low!!
Paula

Post by Paula »

pamcook wrote:I wonder if she realizes how many people she's speaking for?

There was a thread for "Frozen Peas" - a support group, if you will, for those who were committed to not buying anything. Really? You'll use their forum to support those who are refusing to buy? When it came down to it, it was an online store. I had no idea they were in financial trouble but, again, what can the profit margin be on the products? I just hope I don't have to go back to using decorative stationery for my pages! :lol:
Profit margins are huge on craft supplies. Sometimes 400%. That is why they can afford to have sales, and 40-50% off coupons. I would have to do some figuring to see what they net after expenses When I get to work, I'll get some specifics, just to give you an idea. The grocery stores are the lowest profit making industry, only netting 5 cents (average) on the dollar.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Profit margins are almost 300% on furniture, which is why I'm not a bit embarrassed to ask for a lower price when I'm shopping for furniture (which I need to do desperately but not until some of these animals and children are gone).
Pam P.

Trixie

Post by Trixie »

I don't understand how Paperclipping is going to manage. They don't have an online store. The podcast is free. All they have is the video membership. I paid for 6 months one time when they had a membership sale. It took forever for the videos to download and they were the same thing you can get for free on YouTube. I love the podcasts, but am not impressed with the rest.
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

ChristyB wrote:Check out this well written post….

http://hydrangeahippo.com/2014/06/twope ... et-closing
That was very well-written. I think I went to 2Peas a couple times maybe, but I really wasn't into the whole message boards & forums things until CS. It's really only PAO (and to a small extent Swirlydoos) that I even bother with anymore. (aside from Gatworld and my SGA/Zelenka obsession ;) )
What I truly dislike, that even CS is guilty of allowing to happen, is the whol "in-crowd", snobby mentality. I mean, I know we here can be a tad snarky now and then, but no one is mean or hurtful, KIWM? We all support and encourage each other!

Just because we are family, here's a Zelenka hug from me to all of you:Image (Sorry, Christy, I don't have a Eureka Jack one for you! :lol: )
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Am I the only person who hates that Jack is now the Maytag Man???
Pam P.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

THAT'S why I know his face!!!

Okay - 400% seems high on the surface but you have to sell a lot of .99/sheet of paper - KWIM? It's why CM folks never made much money. People would come to my crops and buy 3 sheets of paper and maybe 5 Mrs. Grossman's stickers and eat $10. worth of food/snacks each. :lol:
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pbp908 wrote:Am I the only person who hates that Jack is now the Maytag Man???

Ugh I know!