Studio Calico July kit

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

Studio Calico July kit

Post by pamcook »

Their July kit is pretty cool. I might have to buy the stamp set with the map on it. Would I use it? Hm. Maybe not. But I like it!
Dilemma.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Re: Studio Calico July kit

Post by jfugina »

Wow - they've got an extensive selection of kits and add-ons! I went looking for the stamp you were talking about. I think you could incorporate it into a background easily enough.

But something else that caught my eye in that same photo - in the bottom right of the photo there is a sample layout, and the photo is in downtown St. Louis!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Ooh - I was still flipping through pictures. Maybe the first map stamp I saw was not the one you were talking about! The "we were here" map stamp is AWESOME. Dang it.
Julie Fugina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Julie - forwarded an email with a good photo of the stamp set I was talking about.
So much stuff...so little money...
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Ah ok. That WAS the first stamp set I was talking about. And I still think you could make a neat background with it, especially for a travel layout.

But I went on the website and flipped through the sneak peek photos, and there's a larger map with a die that just looks super cool. States are labeled, and there are other stars and markers and "we were here". It just looks awesome. I wish I had that before I started making travel albums. It would be a fantastic cover page. I might still get that for the Hawaii/California trip, and maybe even go back to the Colorado and Montana albums and do new cover pages for those. I need to find a picture of the whole thing, because if they've got the US territories (virgin islands), then I might just be sold.
Julie Fugina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

They'll post the photos of everything tonight. I know which one you're talking about. It is very nice for travel albums/travel journals.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I was so excited about it, I even made Rob look at it, as he was walking by my laptop. :D I think I need this. It goes along with our travel goals of taking the kids to visit all of the states before they're out of high school. Driving through a state usually counts for our little game, since we usually will have either stopped to stay overnight, or stopped for a meal. We're thinking that our fall break trip will be a drive to Washington DC, which will get us driving through several states we haven't been to yet, and there will be yet another travel album for that one, if that's what we do.
Julie Fugina
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

You girls are so bad! I looked around over there and almost subscribed to their PL kit, but talked myself out of it! Whew! Toooo much stuff already.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

As long as I can buy that map stamp and die set without a subscription, I'm good. That's all I want. I have way too much stuff too.
Julie Fugina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I almost subscribed recently as well. The thing is, I tend to only like a few things from their kits so I'm doing better just buying the one or two items I like. If it's kit-only, I obviously don't need it.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Maybe we should group together and buy "kits" together and divide them up ;o)

Pam when you send these teases please give a link ;)
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

The US map graphic was from another collection called Thataway last year. It was paper and stickers of the States.
http://www.studiocalico.com/blog/2013/7 ... 3-thataway
I don't know much about their kits. Do they make stamps available separately later after the kit is finished? That one would be really popular.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

No idea, Marianne. I would think it would be wildly popular, too.
I talked myself into joining their kit club and talked myself out of needing the stamp. I just don't use image stamps that often - words are another thing.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I'm going to have another look at past kits. I see you can buy a kit without signing up. My trouble is I often just want the add ons with embellies from most kit clubs.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

How many months do you need to sign up for to get that cheaper price
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO