The mergers continue...

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

The mergers continue...

Post by pamcook »

Studio Calico has "acquired" Big Picture Classes.

I hope this means better classes with the BPC influence and not the other way around...
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Re: The mergers continue...

Post by ChristyB »

I think the way of little business is going the wayside.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

oh no
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

ChristyB wrote:I think the way of little business is going the wayside.
That's the plan if you read the "UN agenda for the 21st century". Second thought - don't read it - too scary.

There is no protection for small businesses and everyone wants walmart prices.
:angry37:

On a much lighter note - Heidi Swapp has a new collection coming out for Project Life. Both she and Becky Higgins have an announcement about it on their blogs. Opposites do attract! :)
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

And Walmart is destroying our country...because everyone wants so much stuff. If everyone wanted less, they could have quality made in this country for fair wages instead of junk made in sweat shops in China! :angry37:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nancine

Post by nancine »

pamcook wrote:Studio Calico has "acquired" Big Picture Classes.

I hope this means better classes with the BPC influence and not the other way around...

My first thought upon reading about this merger Pam!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

mpizzazz wrote:And Walmart is destroying our country...because everyone wants so much stuff. If everyone wanted less, they could have quality made in this country for fair wages instead of junk made in sweat shops in China! :angry37:
Amen!
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

kmart/sears, walmart, target, dollar tree and all other stores buy from china distributers, too
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

jmp1022 wrote:kmart/sears, walmart, target, dollar tree and all other stores buy from china distributers, too
That is true, Jill, but none of them are as ruthless as Walmart in forcing down prices so that American factories cannot compete.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I tend to avoid Wal-Mart when I'm able. But sometimes time and product availability simply require it. Last Thursday, I decided that Nicole and I needed rain boots for girl scout camp. It's been raining cats and dogs, and didn't want wet soppy socks all day. I went to three separate stores before heading to Wal Mart in pure desperation. And we both found really cute boots for a very reasonable price. I wound up recommending Wal Mart to the other moms who might be wanting to send boots.

I do find it sad that it's darn near impossible for small businesses to make it these days. But I know that I personally am not helping, because one of my rarest resources personally is time. Most days, I can't afford the time to shop around. I need to go straight to the place that has the highest probability of having what I want. And the bigger the store, the higher likelihood I'll be able to find what I need and get on with my life.

I also agree that the problem isn't likely to go away because of our want for "stuff". Rob and the kids suffer from this. When traveling, if I see a T-shirt I like, I'll buy it. When the kids ask if they can have a shirt, I always let them. But if they can't find something they like, they still won't leave the store. They'll instead keep walking around, trying to decide what they dislike the least, because they can't stand the idea of walking out of the store without something. :roll: The risk of not being able to have "something" is simply too great for them to walk away and hope they find something better, later. And my kids have never experienced being poor. So I can't understand their fear of being without. This is why I almost never take them shopping. :lol:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO